Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 08:47 PM   #31
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ka power

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndctrdj
what does a stright line have to do with driving a honda
cuz hondas are not known for that.... i dont feel liek explaining man kmon
Old 05-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #32
cndctrdj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cndctrdj
Re: ka power

i usually drive cars in more than a straight line so i still dont get your comment

i have driven a few hondas in many directions
94 cr500r - rediculously fast and fun
cndctrdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #33
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar
this thread is totally stupid..lol im just sittin here reading everything and start laughing. ok to answer some questions and hopfully stop some of the fighting. Yes there are companies that make high stall TQ converters and shift kits for the Auto tranny that came in the KA's that had AUTO.http://www.levelten.com/ <--they make them for the KA, They arnt to bad for a price id had the honor to be in a car equiped with her high sell TQ converters and shift kit in a auto 240sx Turbo. As far as the AUTO tranny hate in the thread..theres nothing wrong with an AUTO tranny, it does its purpose. As far as whats faster and whats not, whats your deffinition of faster? can you feel the difference between 10mph and 11mph? some can believe it or not. every milisecond counts when your competing for the goal at the end. AUTO may have the advantage of faster shifts, more durability, and a few other things. and Manual may have the advantages of control, and ratios. Its all drivers prefrence, and the style of racing your doing. Every car has its own characteristics in speed and handeling, every car is unique. As far as nissans S-chassis, i have come to the conclusion that manual transmissions are more superior than its automatic brethren in this vehicle. Either Turbo or Not, 160hp or 1000hp manual has larger numbers in advantages over disadvantages. theres nothing wrong with owning auto..and theres nothing wrong with owning manual. The only way to compair the two is use the same vehicle, same power, same situation in cornering, speed, acceleration, and braking. the only difference should be the transmission type.

As far as mods in your 240sx, Since your not going with any manual tranny, i would reccomend Turbo charging your KA24, and work with increasing the TQ numbers as the tranny will actually hold down large TQ effeciently since its only using 3 gears and an Overdrive gear. have fun with whatever you do.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #34
cndctrdj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cndctrdj

i have seen the level ten web site and 1100 dollars for a TC is a bit steep i got the car for way less than that. but if its my only option then i might have to fork over the dough
94 cr500r - rediculously fast and fun
cndctrdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #35
Clov3rLucky
AF Newbie

You can get 400 hp, even in an automatic. GReddy has a turbo kit out for the KA24 engine, which can produce around 450 with the intercooler kit. Give the AT a torque converter, get cam gears, new pistons and rods, spark plugs, and computer tuning. You'll get 400+ hp from that!
Clov3rLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #36
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

6 months half a year

think of this a group of people are talking about cars on the 4th of July at Quiznos *OMG that stuff is good* then you walk into this Quiznos on New Years eve to finish this conversion that you weren't even a part of.

Thats what you just did congrats.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:51 PM   #37
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Nice one Ace$nyper. This thread is full of shitty info. I just saw someone post up a thread on another forum where he dynoed his KA-T automatic at 7psi and made 200whp. Why? His automatic tranny was slipping. Manual transmissions are just stronger by design. WTF ever happened to learning how to drive? "Oh my god, shifting is just sooo hard. I keep missing first gear. How do I control three pedals at the same time? Vin Diesel won't teach me how to double-clutch," So no you can't make 400hp in an auto without modding the transmission itself. Just clearing up a few un-facts in this thread for the kiddies.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #38
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

yea i thought the autos started to give around that 200 hp level....but thanx ace i actually read the whole damn thread and came to your answer and at first i was like holy random comments but then realized another old thread....but for real autos are good for straight track..not twisties so i dont hate on either its just what your using the car for i guess. Sticks are funner though!!!!!
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:22 AM   #39
lucki17
AF Regular

i have a 89' 240sx with an auto, i blew the auto and had to get a new one, they are expensive as hell, i plan on turboing it so after i do that i will have to do a manual swap i guess, i have a differant ecu in my car that makes it shift at 7500 so its not to bad for racing, but defenatly need to go manual on this car, some cars can get away with 400hp on a auto but not the 240, unless you can put in a skyline trans for cheap than just go stick, plus chicks love a nice big stick with a shiny knob
lucki17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #40
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Hmmmmm. The limiter is at 7k. Thats one wierd ecu you have there.

12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
Old 11-08-2004, 11:40 AM   #41
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucki17
i have a 89' 240sx with an auto, i blew the auto and had to get a new one, they are expensive as hell, i plan on turboing it so after i do that i will have to do a manual swap i guess, i have a differant ecu in my car that makes it shift at 7500 so its not to bad for racing, but defenatly need to go manual on this car, some cars can get away with 400hp on a auto but not the 240, unless you can put in a skyline trans for cheap than just go stick, plus chicks love a nice big stick with a shiny knob
Unfortnatly im gona have to correct you, the KA24E and KA24DE transmissions both withstand up to 400hp plus on the input, output shafts. The Skyline GTS and GTR transmissions will not work, due to the fact that they are not interchangable in terms of bellhousing bolt locations and crank angle sensors. Probably even the starter. Most people who achive 400-500rwhp on an automatic transmission KA24DE experience slipping within the Torque converter. A high stall TQ converter kit from levelten.com will help the 1 way clutch to withstand the added HP/TQ if it ever gets that high. The KA24E actually revs higher than the KA24DE, if you will notice the gauge cluster on the S13 vs s14. You will see that the S13 redlines at 7500..(solid red) as suppose to the S14 redlines at 7000 (solid red). So your ECU isnt different, or special from any other KA24E equiped S13.

Hope that answers some questions.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #42
240droptop
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 240droptop
My budy jsut finished his 5 spd swap from an Auto and there is a clear power/performance gain since it was doen and this is with qa rusty 5 spd driver at the wheel 5 spd in most conditions jsut makes more sense in the 240 my 240 used to be faster than his but now that he has the 5 spd he take sme every time!!!! case closed

CLOSED
Old 02-17-2005, 08:17 PM   #43
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

3 months old?? what was the point of digging it up?? i cant believe this is a 2x revived thread. Someone burry it again....quick

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #44
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Thats because autos have a clearly higher drivetrain loss compared to manuals stock for stock. High-stall converters, shift kits and numerous other mods can help this. jeez. I wish threads would just close after so long.

12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
Old 02-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #45
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

sorry to bring it back to the top but i like how he states something that is obvious to anyone who understands cars and then tries to close the thread himself. you poor noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX