Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series
E Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford E-150, Ford E-250, Ford E-350, and Ford E-450.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
rmoons
AF Newbie

1993 E350 Stopped Suddenly and will not start

I have a 1993 E350 7.5L Gasoline Jamboree Searcher that I bought 2 years ago. 50,000 miles and it just quit while I was driving it and will not start again. I have replaced everything and even pulled the motor, had it rebuilt and put it back in and it still will not start. It is getting fuel as I have dropped the tank and replaced the pump and filter. It is getting spark as all plugs, wires distributor, coil, ignition module, are new. I have replaced the computer, TPS, IAC, MAP, and it will not start. It fires but will not start and stay running. Timing is correct. I don't get it. Any Ideas?? It also has the Ant-Theft device and the inertia switch is on and ohms out good.
rmoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: 1993 E350 Stopped Suddenly and will not start

you should check the fuel pressure in case pump is not putting out enough or its bleeding off to fast. also take off one of the plug wires, set it on a metal part of the motor and crank it to confirm your getting spark. if you have strong spark you can take the large air cleaner tube off going to the engine and spray some starting fluid in while someone trys to start it. if it fires and sort of runs you have a fuel issue with pump or injectors
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
rmoons
AF Newbie

Thanks Crvett69,

This thing is driving me nuts! We checked Fuel Pressure and I'm getting 35psi at the rail. I can't see what it is when it is running yet so that's all I can do for that. All plug and coil wires are sparking as we used my spark check tool. I don't want to spray starting fluid in it as it has just been rebuilt and has never been run yet. The only thing we did not replace are the injectors and fuel rail. I have never seen all the injectors go bad at once have you? I have never figured out why it initially stopped running, but it would seem to me it would be a fuel or electrical issue. At first it felt like I had water in the tank but when I changed the fuel pump there was no water. I hear the fuel pump charge up when I first turn the key, but is there a possibility that the inertia switch is not allowing proper voltage when in the run position? I also found that I do not have the ant-theft module in the RV, but we did remove an after market security device that was spliced into the ignition wire. We are still looking for clues.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
rmoons
AF Newbie

We took off the fuel rail and blew air through everything and it all checked out. Replaced all the injectors and the entire fuel pump / sending unit and it still will not run. It fires but will not stay running.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
LarkenM
AF Newbie

I am having a similar issue with my RV. it is a 1989 E350 with the 7.5 460 . It just quit running one day. We found out we didn't have spark . We changed the TFI module, the coil and put in a new distributor because we weren't getting the pip signinal. It started and it ran like shit we were a tooth off. we did redid the timing, and it tried to start with a little bit of gas in the intake, and now it won't start at all even on starting fluid still have good spark any ideas?By the way the Spout Connector got lost but i got a new one online, so even that is new. this is a 1989 travelcraft RV Class C, and i am currently living in it so i really can't take it to a shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated, by the way it only has 48000 original miles on it and it ran like a scalded dog when i bought it 6 months ago. I've been a member on here over a year but this is the first time I've actually posted because most of the problems I've had with my other vehicle somebody else is already had and I can find my answer without having to post. Thanks again in advance !!
LarkenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
shorod
SHO No Mo

I would suspect that your distributor is still off, especially if you "redid the timing" instead of just moving 1 tooth one direction or 2 teeth the other direction if it got worse. Maybe your distributor is 180 degrees off, even though you verified you were on TDC, etc. Or if you took all the spark plug wires loose from the distributor when you redid the timing you might have the wires going to the wrong spark plugs.

The most reliable way I've found to install distributors correctly is to use a borescope down the spark plug hole to make sure both valves are closed as the piston travels to TDC, then align the distributor so that cylinder's spark plug would fire then. You could also use a compression tester or even a finger in a pinch to confirm compression from the cylinder.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series