Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
qbfishon
AF Newbie

1999 300m radio problem

my radio, door locks mirrors, and clock stopped working all off a sudden, the windows still work ,and interior lights, heater, checked the one fuse that has to do with the radio. the big fuses under the hood seem to be good. Any help out there? thanks qb

Last edited by qbfishon; 10-16-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: forgot info
qbfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Bcurtis187
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 300m radio problem

You could possibly have a short somewhere, Have you checked the door actuator, remove the door panel to check. You may also want to check your door switch while you have the panel removed. Also check the relay fuse under the hood, You can swap it with another just to diagnose if it is a relay. I've had most of the issues you've had, my analog clock also stopped, I had to replace it and now it works. I think they did a horrible job insulating the electrical systems on our M's. I've heard if there is corrosion on you battery or low voltage, it can cause some of these kinds of issues, though I have never tested it.
Bcurtis187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
tinmanwpk
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcurtis187 View Post
You could possibly have a short somewhere, Have you checked the door actuator, remove the door panel to check. You may also want to check your door switch while you have the panel removed. Also check the relay fuse under the hood, You can swap it with another just to diagnose if it is a relay. I've had most of the issues you've had, my analog clock also stopped, I had to replace it and now it works. I think they did a horrible job insulating the electrical systems on our M's. I've heard if there is corrosion on you battery or low voltage, it can cause some of these kinds of issues, though I have never tested it.
Now there is a good hint. First, if you remove your door panel be careful where the interior door handle is connected with that little plastic clip. They break easily and you have to exercise caution when removing the panel.

Second, our batteries are in a difficult to reach area of our car and can be neglected. The corrosion may have eaten away and may be causing bad electrical conductivity at the terminals. If you haven't checked your battery recently I suggest you do that. The terminals may even be completely rotten.

Also, check where the electrical connections are under the hood. Our batteries have a jumper post and they also get corroded. You may want to disconnect them (be careful not to touch the terminals to ground) and thoroughly clean them, even if they don't appear dirty. Then tighten them down well.

99 M Cypress Green, performance rear sway bar, Brembo rotors w/CT3 pads, tint, Sirius, K&N intake, debadged, many other mods.
tinmanwpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #4
Nald25
AF Newbie

Smile Re:2000 300m radio problem

Hello please i need help. I have a Chrysler 300m and i tried to replace the factory radio yesterday and all of sudden the side mirrors, radio and clock stopped working. Every other things is working except all this what i mentioned. I checked the fuses and relays but they’re all ok. Please i need help driving without radio is more than boring. Please help thank you 😊
Nald25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #5
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2000 300m radio problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nald25 View Post
Hello please i need help. I have a Chrysler 300m and i tried to replace the factory radio yesterday and all of sudden the side mirrors, radio and clock stopped working. Every other things is working except all this what i mentioned. I checked the fuses and relays but they’re all ok. Please i need help driving without radio is more than boring. Please help thank you 😊
You need to check whatever wiring you did. On a side note. Anytime working on wiring, disconnect the battery.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #6
Nald25
AF Newbie

But i did no wiring work. Have disconnected the battery and tried again but not working
Old 02-13-2021, 11:17 AM   #7
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

How did you not do any wiring to replace a radio? You had to wire something, even if you bought a quick connector.

Almost guaranteed you have a blown fuse/fuses. An electrical issue doesn't happen "all of a sudden" immediately after doing electrical work. Something you did caused it.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #8
Nald25
AF Newbie

But the fuse are ok. I only removed the factory radio and replaced it with another one. Then since then no more power to the side mirrors, radio and clock. I removed the new radio and replaced the factory one still no power.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
Nald25
AF Newbie

Only had a cable connector for the new radio and i don’t think it the fuse because the radio, mirrors and clock is not working.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:09 AM   #10
Nald25
AF Newbie

Anyone please with any other ideas? Battery have been disconnected and reconnected but it’s not working. I don’t think it lies on power shortage.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:24 AM   #11
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

We can't help any more than we have based on the info we have been given. Obviously something you did caused an issue. You keep saying the fuses are fine, but it definitely doesn't seem like they are based on what we've been told.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M