Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
pro3family
AF Newbie

Angry 2018 Honda civic

Sometime in October 2021 the infotainment system started giving problems. It used to go blank for sometime and come back, touch screen stopped working, could not see the backup camera on the right- hand side camera or control the HVAC System.
Did some research on the web and youtube.com and found out that lot of Civic owners had these issues? I tried some of their ways of fixing by resetting the system, replacing the fuse. Worked for a few months and then it totally went dead in the first week of January 2022. There was no recall on this issue but Honda Pilot owners had a similar issue and there was a recall on it after numerous complaints being filed with NHTSA.
I filed a complaint with NHTSA and contacted the Lemon Law lawyers. They mentioned that you have one issue with this car, but if you had multiple issues, we would gladly pick up your case and advised me to contact Honda.
In the mean time I took my car to the Honda Dealer and they charged me $2670.94 for replacing the power block behind the infotainment system. So, I paid 15% of the car price for replacing this part which was a highway robbery.
I contacted Honda Company in the last week of January and was given a case number. Honda contacted me a few times to update me about the case. Finally, they contacted me in the 1st week of July and implied that it was my fault that the infotainment was out of service and they cannot help me in any way.
If any of you Honda owners reading this and having similar problems please file a complaint with NHTSA, contact the lemon law lawyers and file a complaint with the Honda Company. If enough of you take the above steps, then some action will be taken and the consumers will not be left holding the bag.
Would really appreciate your inputs about your experience with the Infotainment System.
pro3family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:34 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 2018 Honda civic

Lemon law lawyers won't do anything. It's obvious you have no idea what lemon law even deals with. An infotainment system isn't going to ruffle many feathers in a recall department. It's not a safety issue.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:07 AM   #3
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

So a 3-year-old vehicle? Shouldn't that have been replaced under warranty?

Methinks there may be more to this story.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:25 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan View Post
So a 3-year-old vehicle? Shouldn't that have been replaced under warranty?

Methinks there may be more to this story.
Agreed. I don't even think OP talked to a Lemon Law lawyer because the description of what was said is completely the opposite of how Lemon Law works.

Also the fact that the car is 4 years old means Lemon Law also has no bearing on the car. No Lemon Law lawyer would ever say they'd take a case they know they are going to lose because the law is specifically written in a way laying out what has to happen for Lemon Law to take effect and everything the OP stated is out of those statutes.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #5
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Hmmm...well LL would apply if it was brought in numerous times under warranty for the same issue. Since OP decided to pay out of pocket for the new unit, that ship has likely sailed. But the warranty question remains.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:53 PM   #6
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjacksonsan View Post
Hmmm...well LL would apply if it was brought in numerous times under warranty for the same issue. Since OP decided to pay out of pocket for the new unit, that ship has likely sailed. But the warranty question remains.
Which is why I said he never talked a LLL because he said he was told it had to have multiple issues, which is exactly the opposite of one issue multiple times.

The age of the car is also a factor in eliminating it from Lemon Law coverage.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2018 , civic , honda , infotainment
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic