Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
bbooze
AF Newbie

stereo removal of 90' geo prizm, help.

I'm trying to put in a new stereo for my 90' Prizm. The import stereo kit I got has each model car it covers instructions for stereo removal. I'm stuck at the 2nd step.

First step is remove screws from point X and Y, no problem I found them and removed them.
Second step is release the spring locks one at a time and gentley pull off entire front console. I can't find the spring locks anywhere. I've tried just giving the whole init a tug but it resists too much, and anyone who has a Prizm can atest that if you pull on anything too hard it's lible to snap off.

Can anyone forward me a link or other information about where these "spring locks" for the front console can be located. Thanks a bunch.
bbooze is offline   Reply With Quote