Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
mantsek
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to mantsek
2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Any help with any of these issues will be greatly appreciated...

1. I"m only getting cold air out of my AC. The weather is getting cold here and my heat's not coming out. Also, when my AC/cold air is on, its super cold and the windshield fogs up. One mechanic checked it out and says its probably cos 'vent door' does not move to let hot air thru so its always cold- some explanation like that, didn't get the whole thing. He says he'll have to take the dash out to look at it??

2. I just replaced my tires and I notice my drive is not as comfortable as before. It seems to have lost power- I can hardly stretch my gears. I go from 1st to 4th very quickly and I"m already in 4th at 40mph. I can't take off from the stop sign like I used to- takes a while to pick up speed. Also, the car''s unusually loud unlike before. Loud revving.
I also feel a vibration from the gas pedal - like its time to shift up gears.

3. Whiny noise when I"m accelerating. Don't hear the noise when I take my foot off the pedal.

Please help - car has only 72K miles on it and I love it- plan on keeping it for a very very long time. I fell in love with it first time I drove it so I"m getting a little disappointed.
mantsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:06 AM   #2
Cammy_01
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantsek
Any help with any of these issues will be greatly appreciated...

1. I"m only getting cold air out of my AC. The weather is getting cold here and my heat's not coming out. Also, when my AC/cold air is on, its super cold and the windshield fogs up. One mechanic checked it out and says its probably cos 'vent door' does not move to let hot air thru so its always cold- some explanation like that, didn't get the whole thing. He says he'll have to take the dash out to look at it??

2. I just replaced my tires and I notice my drive is not as comfortable as before. It seems to have lost power- I can hardly stretch my gears. I go from 1st to 4th very quickly and I"m already in 4th at 40mph. I can't take off from the stop sign like I used to- takes a while to pick up speed. Also, the car''s unusually loud unlike before. Loud revving.
I also feel a vibration from the gas pedal - like its time to shift up gears.

3. Whiny noise when I"m accelerating. Don't hear the noise when I take my foot off the pedal.

Please help - car has only 72K miles on it and I love it- plan on keeping it for a very very long time. I fell in love with it first time I drove it so I"m getting a little disappointed.

Hmmm, time for a new Car Just kiddin ya, does the engine run a little rough.. maybe the vacuum line to the heater blend door for the heater came off or the blend door diaphram has gone bad, either one will cause a vacuum leak and could be the poor performance problems you describe. The vibration at the gas pedal might just be the engine running rough from the above. You can post over here for the blend door heater problem.. they can probably answer your heater issue more in detail and once the vacuum leak is fixed if that is the problem the other issues will go away as well.

http://www.aircondition.com/wwwboard/index.htm
Cammy_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #3
mantsek
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy_01
Hmmm, time for a new Car Just kiddin ya, does the engine run a little rough.. maybe the vacuum line to the heater blend door for the heater came off or the blend door diaphram has gone bad, either one will cause a vacuum leak and could be the poor performance problems you describe. The vibration at the gas pedal might just be the engine running rough from the above. You can post over here for the blend door heater problem.. they can probably answer your heater issue more in detail and once the vacuum leak is fixed if that is the problem the other issues will go away as well.

Thanks for your response. I posted the AC question on the otehr website and already got a couple of suggestions. Now my front passenger door seems to be the problem. THe 'open door' light comes on and off no matter how hard I bang them all shut. It goes on and off along with the interior light that comes on when the front doors are open. WHen the car shakes due to a bump or suddent stop it'll go off, and stay off for a while as the ride is smooth, and then come on again.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Cammy_01
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:
Thanks for your response. I posted the AC question on the otehr website and already got a couple of suggestions. Now my front passenger door seems to be the problem. THe 'open door' light comes on and off no matter how hard I bang them all shut. It goes on and off along with the interior light that comes on when the front doors are open. WHen the car shakes due to a bump or suddent stop it'll go off, and stay off for a while as the ride is smooth, and then come on again.
Dont bang the door.. you will mess up the window and misalign the window track if you do it hard enough or enough times lol, it is just a simple matter of a quick adjustment of the door light switch, just adjust it out a little more so that it engages the door earlier/easier.. like turn it out a thread or so. I have not looked at mine to see what the design is, but that is the usual fix on most cars. Just look in the door frame of the car or the door itself for the switch and go from there. You could probably even place a little piece of tape or something that sticks where it makes contact with the mating surface so that it has a more positive contact and pushes the switch in a little more.. if you know what I mean.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
trexx85
AF Newbie

The cheaper the tires are the worse the ride is.
trexx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #6
mantsek
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:
Dont bang the door.. you will mess up the window and misalign the window track if you do it hard enough or enough times lol, it is just a simple matter of a quick adjustment of the door light switch, just adjust it out a little more so that it engages the door earlier/easier.. like turn it out a thread or so. I have not looked at mine to see what the design is, but that is the usual fix on most cars. Just look in the door frame of the car or the door itself for the switch and go from there. You could probably even place a little piece of tape or something that sticks where it makes contact with the mating surface so that it has a more positive contact and pushes the switch in a little more.. if you know what I mean.

The door problem seems to have vanished, at least for the last few days. It hasn't come on since you replied to the message even though I didn't do anything to it. I guess you're just that good- just your advice was good enough to fix it Hopefully it won't come up again.
Thanks
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #7
Cammy_01
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:
The door problem seems to have vanished, at least for the last few days. It hasn't come on since you replied to the message even though I didn't do anything to it. I guess you're just that good- just your advice was good enough to fix it Hopefully it won't come up again.
Thanks
Glad to hear things are working now.. if it does happen again just adjust the door switch per my suggestion.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:50 PM   #8
mantsek
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Re: 2000 Camry V6 LE 5sp AC and power problems

Quote:

I think you were right about getting a new car, but I"m not giving up yet
I just came from a Toyota service center and... Well...they claim I need a new Heater Control Assembly and Cable- $650.00 parts and labor. They say they need to replace the part of the heater system around/behind the dash. What do you think? What are my options/alternatives. Is there any chance I can do it cheaper elsewhere or that's about what I shd expect to spend? I wish I could do it myself. Any idea where I can find instructions to do that? I really cannot afford $650 now. HELLPPPP!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista