Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #31
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Im not really into all out speed like this, so I still prefer a small car over the Viper. crazy i know. Thats too much for me. Its kind of like being rich vs having to earn everything. I do think its cool that people are building cars like that. I would appreciate a car that i put so much effort and money into more than a car that I just wrote a check for or whatever.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #32
xixtony
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xixtony Send a message via Yahoo to xixtony
i just found this page and ive read all of the nonsence ok, if u buy a civic for under 3000(mine cost 1500) and u get a STOCK Integra Type-R engine and gutout ur interior u will be running mid 13's. After that if u internals like turbo pistons-$450,turbo cams-$700,turbo $4000 at 16 PSIand blah blah blah here are sum vids that to show all u honda haters http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/cheezevsal.mpg and he had his hand brake look at his rear brakes The Viper had heads/cam and some other stuff and was laying down around 580whp.The Civic was pushing around 430whp. http://videos.streetfire.net/player....7-4176887B7BF4 and yet another viper owned kinda sad v10 vs inline 4 that why i go for civic
xixtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 12:57 AM   #33
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

Like its been said before. The viper is more reliable, rwd, better looking, and a much better car to pick up chicks in then a civic. Unless you count the civics back seats for picking up chicks... but wait your civic is gutted, and uncomfortable.

You just picked a few videos where civics beat vipers, but I could tape a viper killing 50 hondas in one night no problem.

Why even bother defending the civic? It started out as an econo-box, and certainly people have made exceptional performance cars out of them, but it will always be held back by its humble beginnings IMO.

picture it like this. A man has no legs but learns to run on his hands. He maybe able to beat some people that are on foot, but never will he be as fast as the runners born with feet and he sure as hell had to work harder to be that fast. You get the point.

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:59 AM   #34
xixtony
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xixtony Send a message via Yahoo to xixtony
pick up chicks??? in a viper how many chicks are u gonna pick up 1 same shit as a civic they are both 2 seaters and which one cost more $$ base price for USED viper is $40000 with $40000 and a civic u can make that civic beat that shit out of the viper like i said sad how a v10 loses to civic all i got to say is that i myself and many other people that know about japanese cars know that imports are taking over the US and no Q's and also dont get me started on the skyline o if u do choose the viper over the civic u will have to stop every hour to fill up ur gas tank the fully moded civic doesnt even waste as much gas as a STOCK viper does sad sad sad....
xixtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #35
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixtony
pick up chicks??? in a viper how many chicks are u gonna pick up 1 same shit as a civic they are both 2 seaters and which one cost more $$ base price for USED viper is $40000 with $40000 and a civic u can make that civic beat that shit out of the viper like i said sad how a v10 loses to civic all i got to say is that i myself and many other people that know about japanese cars know that imports are taking over the US and no Q's and also dont get me started on the skyline o if u do choose the viper over the civic u will have to stop every hour to fill up ur gas tank the fully moded civic doesnt even waste as much gas as a STOCK viper does sad sad sad....
Blah, blah, blah. You sound like the prototypical ricer. You fit every stereotype to a t. It's people like you who make people that actually work hard on thier imports look bad. Ask any real racer/car guy/enthusiast which car is the better car, and every single one of them will tell you the Viper is. It started out as a true no holds barred performance machine. That is what it will always be. The RT/10 a neo-classic, limited production, high performance automobile, no doubt about it. I don't care what you do to a Civic, it will still be a Civic and will still depreciate in value, where as the Viper will a Barret Jackson in the future.
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #36
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

I hate these posts because they're never ending but I'll go on to say something anyways. A fully modified civic that can keep up with a viper will get bad gas mileage too. Unless you plan on using the stock fuel system with the turbo. Gas mileage? Who gives a shit, what a lame ass arguement.

What do you mean don't get me started on the Skyline I didn't say shit about a car that you could actually make an arguement with. The skyline was built as a sports cart not an economy car. This is not an import vs. domestic debate it's economy car vs. sports car IN A PERFORMANCE ARGUEMENT!

And imports are taking over performance wise? You must be talking about the european ones. Nme all the cars currently in the sold in the U.S. (stock cars) that are faster then the current vipers, vettes, and cobra mustangs. Save the new GT-R which will not be here for a couple years and maybe the current nsx. none? Taking over huh?

Don't get me wrong I love japanese cars just as much as the next person, but I'm not as biased to say that they're taking over.. by any means.

As for what I said about the number of seats in the two cars it's a joke. To dumb it down for you I meant how many more girls are going to want to jump in your civic modded out the ass or not compared to even a stock gen 1 viper?

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 AM   #37
nissanstreetz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissanstreetz
Re: Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenour
Wow... your grammer is almost as bad as Crrrazy's.

Biast because it's an import?? Ok. LoL spend 20,000 dollars on bringing an econo-box up to 500 hp, and then have it still hang even in the end with a non-modified Viper being driven by a driver who takes 5 minutes to complete the shift from 1st to 2nd gear.

It's a fast civic, after mucho money. I'd take the Viper any day.
wow thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life ok let me make things straight I'd rather have the vyper too but lets be fair man. Yeah he put 20,000 into it a civic but how much MORE does a vyper costs lol. If you really wanna be fair you'd have to put all the money yu would save from buying a vyper into that civic which than the civic would whoop that vipers ass. My friends civic is faster than that and he didn't put anywhere near 20,000 into it
nissanstreetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 AM   #38
nissanstreetz
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nissanstreetz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

and wait not only that buy vypers handle like complete shit I've been in a cyper and it handles like shit not only that but its so powerful its scary why do you think its never rated that high compared to other CHEAPER cars in car and driver and other magazines. Fact is for the amount of money you would spend on a viper you can make your civic, faster, handle better, break better, look awesome. Oh yeah and if you need a viper to pick up girls than thats just sad lol. My friend drives his viper and the only girls he picks up are hoes anyway that'll fuck any guy anyway lol
nissanstreetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 01:17 AM   #39
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanstreetz
and wait not only that buy vypers handle like complete shit I've been in a cyper and it handles like shit not only that but its so powerful its scary why do you think its never rated that high compared to other CHEAPER cars in car and driver and other magazines. Fact is for the amount of money you would spend on a viper you can make your civic, faster, handle better, break better, look awesome. Oh yeah and if you need a viper to pick up girls than thats just sad lol. My friend drives his viper and the only girls he picks up are hoes anyway that'll fuck any guy anyway lol
1. Your post is so riddled with gramatical errors it is nearly incoherent.
2. A viper convertible pulls 1.01 g's on a skidpad. Stock. (I'm not sure how well a "cyper" handles though, so we might be talking about 2 different things.) A civic pulls, what, a measly .85 with mods? Yeah, my 15 year old stock bimmer can do better than that.
3. If you are a competent driver, you shoudn't be "break"ing the car anyways. If you mean braking, however, a stock srt-10 does 60-0 in less than 100 feet and comes stock with brembo calipers and 14 inch rotors. How well can a (even a modded) civic stop?

Look, you're wrong. Viper owns civic. End of story.

This=most retarded arguement ever.

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 AM   #40
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanstreetz
Oh yeah and if you need a viper to pick up girls than thats just sad lol. My friend drives his viper and the only girls he picks up are hoes anyway that'll fuck any guy anyway lol
I'm making a point that vipers are better looking. Why does everyone twist my shit up? I never said a person who purchases a viper should use it to pick up chicks. The car is better looking to most anyone despite a few who apparently really like the look of economy cars

The reason they don't rank high in alot of test if you havent read the actually magazine articles is because its a raw sports car, and always loses in other categories not directly related to performance. If you look at most articles you'll find the viper whooping ass in the performance category despite wether they like the feel of the car or not.

There is an article in I believe R&T where Mario Andretti tests a viper against a range of other sports car, and sweeps the entire performance category, but gets 3rd or 4th because he didn't like the feel of it.

Alright no more posting unless someone that doesnt suck (IMHO) replies.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #41
karkrazy1
AF Newbie

I've learned you can't change the minds of these import guys. Ignorance is ignorance. You can't explain good taste to those who do not posess it.
karkrazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #42
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy1
I've learned you can't change the minds of these import guys. Ignorance is ignorance. You can't explain good taste to those who do not posess it.
HOLY SHIT SMARTEST N00B EVER

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #43
matinfl
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to matinfl

ok, I own a '99 Mitsubishi Mirage and a '68 Chevy Camaro, so I am not biased towards either the tuners or performance-based cars, and I would have to say that for the money invested, the Honda is by far the better car. Sure, the Viper could be tuned to crush the Honda, but for how much the Honda owner spent compared to how much the Viper owner has already spent, the Honda is the better car to me.
matinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #44
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinfl
ok, I own a '99 Mitsubishi Mirage and a '68 Chevy Camaro, so I am not biased towards either the tuners or performance-based cars, and I would have to say that for the money invested, the Honda is by far the better car. Sure, the Viper could be tuned to crush the Honda, but for how much the Honda owner spent compared to how much the Viper owner has already spent, the Honda is the better car to me.
I'm glad you brought spending. The reality is that no matter how much money you "invest" in the Civic it's value will decrease at a much higher rate than the Viper's, so in the end after all is said and done you will still be better off with a Viper. You will never, ever get the amount back out of the Civic you put in it. Where as the Viper will appriciate over time.

I like tuners, I understand and appriciate their passion, the same way I understand and appriciate the passion of muscle car guys, I like both also. With that said under no circumstances does a Civic/Focus/Cavalier/Neon/Celica/etc = a Viper. They may be as fast, but they aren't comperable vehicles.
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:00 PM   #45
bezzleman
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to bezzleman Send a message via MSN to bezzleman
Re: Re: Re: Civic vs. Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighOutput
I'm glad you brought spending. The reality is that no matter how much money you "invest" in the Civic it's value will decrease at a much higher rate than the Viper's, so in the end after all is said and done you will still be better off with a Viper. You will never, ever get the amount back out of the Civic you put in it. Where as the Viper will appriciate over time.

I like tuners, I understand and appriciate their passion, the same way I understand and appriciate the passion of muscle car guys, I like both also. With that said under no circumstances does a Civic/Focus/Cavalier/Neon/Celica/etc = a Viper. They may be as fast, but they aren't comperable vehicles.

...end of discussion!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos