Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
GringoPete
AF Regular

Rented a Lacrosse......My thoughts......

I couldnt wait to get back home to my 98 LeSabre

Front seats were hard....Similar to those in a Japanese car.

Steering was too tight. Could not navigate through town turning the wheel with only one hand.

Center console was big and bulky and was up against my leg.......Extremely annoying.

Acceleration was loud.

Suspension was stiff........Unlike a Buick.

GM......WTF did you do to Buick????
Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Rented a Lacrosse......My thoughts......

They're turning Buick into BMW !

Those attributes you mention are all pretty personal. But many buyers, especially the younger ones prefer a firmer feel in the areas you mention, so Buick is simply fulfilling market preferences, and the younger buyers.

GM learned their lesson on this a few years ago, when they saw that their average Cadillac buyer's age was creeping ever - upwards. Cadillacs then were simply not considered by the middle-aged buyer, and, if GM did not reverse this trend, the core Caddy buyers would eventually stop buying their cars because they would all be dead.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Our local paper just ran an article concerning this yesterday.
Buick seeks younger buyers
Here's an excerpt from that article which coincides with this discussion:
Quote:
...General Motors Corp. rolls out is paramount, and none is more important than the 2010 Buick LaCrosse.

The midsize luxury sedan, designed to compete with Acura, Lexus and Toyota models, is key to attracting younger people to Buick, which now seems to be the official car of gated Florida retirement communities.

With a median buyer age of 68 last year, Buick's marketing executives know that time is running out for them to pull young baby boomers, Generation X, and even Generation Y into the fold, or the brand is in serious trouble. But the biggest promise that Bierley makes is that the LaCrosse will drive much more like a BMW than the cushy Buicks of old. Its chassis is designed by engineers from GM's Opel unit.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
GringoPete
AF Regular

Guess what..........Buick has not attracted any "Young" drivers........Look into any Lacrosse and you'll see a 50+ aged person behind the wheel and it's only because the Real Buicks were discontinued.

I bought my LeSabre at the age of 36. It was for the roominess and comfort. Age is not always a factor. Some people want to be comfortable and do not want to drive their car as if they were participating in the Indy 500.

Can man just be comfortable in his car?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

I agree. I have owned 3 Buicks and am also a member of a Buick forum. Many members there are under 30 and echo the same thoughts. Some have even made performance upgrades to their Buicks. (It's great to see a Roadmaster with hood scoop and RWL tires, CAI, and other "enhancements". Others have said they own Buicks while their friends own Hondas and Toyotas and they like the Buicks for their comfort, interiors, and handling, ( some have even reported that their friends who have owned foreign nameplates went out and bought a Buick after taking a drive in their friends car.)
Maybe if they made some more "Real Buicks" they might end up attracting more of the age group they want to woo. 9Aim the commercials at this age group and ask why they wouldn't want to ride in comfort and have room inside the car versus some of these econoboxes. )

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
polarzak
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoPete View Post
I couldnt wait to get back home to my 98 LeSabre

Front seats were hard....Similar to those in a Japanese car.

Steering was too tight. Could not navigate through town turning the wheel with only one hand.

Center console was big and bulky and was up against my leg.......Extremely annoying.

Acceleration was loud.

Suspension was stiff........Unlike a Buick.

GM......WTF did you do to Buick????

My wife just traded her 2000 LeSabre in for a Lacrosse....she loves it, for most of the reasons you disliked GringoPete. Far nicer than the similar 95 Regal she had years ago, so in our opinion, the Lacrosse is an improvement. That said, my Buick Lucerne is a piece if junk and could never replace the LeSabre.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
drivinmartin
AF Newbie

This above car is nice and people can get all the facilities in this car. This is very expensive car because of it's facilities but people can rent it to get all facilities to finish their work. Many people like this car because it gives royal feeling.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Tech II
AF Fanatic

There really is no comparison between a LeSabre and a LaCrosse....

The LeSabre was a large family car that had about the mushiest ride you could ever want....one of the reasons why people went to the Bonneville, same car, just tighter ride, and more sportier....

There are really no big cars anymore for GM.....anyone that is at least 6' tall, has to be a contortionist to sit in the backseat of a Buick.....very little rear leg room.....the roof slopes downward and you have to "duck" to get in....and then when you sit upright, your head is against the rear glass or the rear edge of the headliner....and going down 290/395, because of the terrible job they did paving at the bridges(creating built in bumps), if you are in the backseat of a Buick, be prepared to bang your head....completely asinine design....GM design engineers have no idea what ergonomics means...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure