Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
AndersonDenis
AF Newbie

CVT Problem - HELP

Hello

I bought a Nissan Murano 2009/2009 and currently is a serious problem with the transmission when it is accelerated, produces a sound of metal against metal. Where comes the sound, everything indicates that it is in transmission.

A day earlier, the service engine light soon called and I took her to my mechanic. He said it was a sensor problem on a car, only raising it was something with the catalyst.

The next day, the noise started, I spoke again with my mechanic and he swears he is not the fault of the sensor fixed. Colleagues, I'm extrememante disoriented, I bought the car in the U.S. and imported to Brazil. The Nissan dealerships in Brazil does not guarantee the right to import cars.

In another day...

We tested with CVT this week, we took off the gimbal and retest the vehicle. There was at no time was the noise of iron against iron again. So my mechanic dignostic that the problem was in the Transfer Case, he what open and change the system that sends torque to the rear wheel.

I say the problem is the management system of the box, may be that the moment were doing scanning, one could have changed some data in the ECU box.

Let me explain better, what happens when the car accelerates normally, without using the rear-wheel drive, no noise. I imagine that when the trigger system for rear-wheel drive motor increases the torque requirement in the housing, so that exchange to change the configuration of the pulleys of the CVT system, to generate more torque. When this occurs, the metallic ribbon slips through the pulley, causing a clatter of iron against iron. So friends say that the problem must be in some configuration of the module management of the box.

PLEASE HELP ME, for ideas, any one is welcome.
AndersonDenis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45