Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Pogiboy1
AF Newbie

1994 Starting Problem....Hard start

I got a 1994 Galant ES with 2.4 L SOHC. Just bought the car a few months ago. A week ago, when trying to start the car, it sounded like the battery has no juice, like it's hesitating to turn over. Jumped the car and still won't start. I had the battery and alternator checked at Autozone and came out okay. Then this afternoon, I pulled out the starter, thinking solenoid might be bad, I took the starter to Autozone and it was good also. The distributor, plugs, pcv valve, and plug wires are also new. Three months ago, the head gasket, timing belt, and water pump was also replaced. I visually checked the starter relay and it appears good also. The only thing I noticed was when I unbolted the starter from the mounting brackets, the was a ground wire attached to one of the bolts...don't know where it's connected.
Anyway, I'm just scratching my head on where or what to do next. Since the battery, alternator, starter motor and solenoid, starter relay, distributor (coil and ignition module built -in), and the plugs and wires are all good. Is there anything I forgot to check? What is it that I'm missing?
Any input or idea will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Pogiboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant