Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
lsmtech
AF Newbie

Angry Front left suspension

I have a 2004 fx45 awd 8cyl. a few months ago i noticed when driving on the hwy came to a 40 degree right curved road, going about 65mph+ the front drivers side started moving up and down as if my tire suddenly got warped. I tried to replicate the problem when driving at a same angle going left and no problem. driving straight at low or high speeds was also not a problem. I assumed right away my left front struts were bad, Im almost positive they are the original since I purchased the car in 2005.

I was also hearing a grinding noise which I know was the wheel bearing so I replaced the two front bearings and that grinding noise disappeared.

I replaced the two front struts and used the original springs that were on the old struts.. also used the original boot and strut mounting accessories... mechanic said they were still good.

drove the car and the front suspension does seem a bit more stiff and stable. next day came to another 40 degree right curved road going about 50mph and the car did same thing, so now im curious what might be causing this?

any feedback is appreciated
lsmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: Front left suspension

i would get the tires spin balanced and have them check for separated cord on the sidewall or have them rotated and see if it still does same thing
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crvett69 For This Useful Post:
lsmtech (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
lsmtech
AF Newbie

Re: Front left suspension

crvette69, thanks for the feedback. prior to installing the struts I also installed two new front tires, both of which were balanced and I also got a wheel alignment.

I would like to reiterate that I was getting this bouncing motion when I had my old tires as well.

one thing I am noticing when driving, entering a highway on the on ramp that is more of an oval shape I drive it hard maybe 40mph it does not bounce. but if I come across a sharp corner at the same speed it gives me a bouncing sensation

could it be the spring might be bad as well?
lsmtech is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
front , struts , suspension
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45