Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
ssixs
AF Newbie

Sebring convertible rear window unglued

Anyone know a adhesive to re-glue the convertible top back down to the rear window. I have seen many sebring ragtops with this problem of the top separating from the window.
ssixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
bearcatdon
AF Regular

Re: Sebring convertible rear window unglued

I haven't encountered this but I'm sure the dealer would have something.
bearcatdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
sonorousaria
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sonorousaria
i have this problem and i took it to the dealer and thay said it would cost $100 to reglue the window. thay also said that if it ever came undone again thay would fix it for free. I than took it to an upholstry shop that specialized in convertablte tops, thay said that it couldnt be glues and that the whole window would need replacing. He said that it would cost about $250-$300 to do that, but he also said that a lot of people used double-sided tape as a temporary fix and that i'd be suprised how long it lasted. i put it on a few months ago and it still works great, i suggest you try it.
sonorousaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
Maxfli
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssixs
Anyone know a adhesive to re-glue the convertible top back down to the rear window. I have seen many sebring ragtops with this problem of the top separating from the window.
I had this issue with my '97. I just went to the hardware store and ask the guy for his best 2 part epoxy. It has worked GREAT!
Maxfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #5
RustyB
AF Newbie

I Had The Same Problem 96 Sebring.
Fixed It With Super Glue (gel) And 2 Part Expoxy. Use The Super Glue 1st - 1 Drop About 6" Apart To "tack Weld" The Window To The Rubber Seal. Then Use The 2 Part Epoxy With A Popsicle Stick To Glue The Remaing Gaps. Make Sure You Clean The Rubber Gasket 1st. This Worked Great.
Dealer Wanted $900 To Repair. New Top Underliner With Glass. Good Luck.
RustyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
w4wr
AF Newbie

I have the same problem with my 1999 Sebring JXI convertable. I took the vehicle in 1 Chrysler dealer and two independent convertable specialty shops. All 3 told me that re-gluing would not hold and it was a waste of time to do this. All wanted to sell me a new rear window assembly priced at $475.00 +/-. I still have not attempted repair. However, thanks for the tips in this forum.
w4wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
tansylu
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Sebring convertible rear window unglued

Thanks Rusty B! Your advice (below) worked like a charm. My window and top separated right before a huge rain storm, so it was such a relief to get this taken care of. Bought the 2 part Epoxy for $5 at Walgreens! It has a long applicator nozzle (2 are included) and made it so easy to apply (no Popsicle sticks necessary) and seems to be holding together well so far. Thanks Rusty....saved me oodles of money and a headache!

"I Had The Same Problem 96 Sebring.
Fixed It With Super Glue (gel) And 2 Part Expoxy. Use The Super Glue 1st - 1 Drop About 6" Apart To "tack Weld" The Window To The Rubber Seal. Then Use The 2 Part Epoxy With A Popsicle Stick To Glue The Remaing Gaps. Make Sure You Clean The Rubber Gasket 1st. This Worked Great.
Dealer Wanted $900 To Repair. New Top Underliner With Glass. Good Luck."
tansylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
jwalker1970
AF Regular

As a used car dealer, I use windshield urethane. It's easy to use out of a caulk gun tube, and is specifically disigned to bond to glass, and be water tight.
jwalker1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD