Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spyder, Box Stock Revell of Germany Kit...another red!

The clear coat was also applied with the same ease than the color coat. I used the Modeler's Super Clear with Finisher's Auto Clear, mixed with Modeler's Retarder thinner and some Gunze Sangyo Mr. Retarder Mild. Since I'm still with the doubt of what is that Retarder thinner for, I decied to add also the one from Gunze. The combo of all this clear, thinner, and retarder mix with the dehydrator again was suberb. It gave me a real glossy and even surface like I bever had experienced with any Lacquer clear ever. Here you guys will se the results...

As it can be seen here...almost no orange peel!

Test fit with the cleared parts without any sanding or polishing yet.

Porsnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

After spend a couple of nights in the elbow grease deparment, it's time to start to put things together. I will start from the front to the rear, passing through the cockpit.

Here a couple of shots of the beatutiful chroming on this model.

Aerial view of the comlpeted front.

This is a technique I haven't used yet in my years as a modeler, but, here I didn't have a better option here for the place of the part to be painted. I have to paint in grey this plastic bag, so, I placed bare metal foil all over in a combo with some Tamiya tape. In order to replicate the shadows and a little bit of semi gloss shine I rubbed it with little bit of oil from my forehead.

Here,a couple of pictures of the completed engine where it can be seen how being the masked section.

The engine from the rear.

The cockpit received all the decaling, painting and bare metal detailing.

To end this update, a couple of pictures of the body and the already done parts.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:21 AM   #18
Finlir
AF Newbie

Very nice. I have built that kit several years ago and its rather nice for a ex Protar. The headligts though are terrible and the rear stance is a bit awkward.

The paint is beautiful and your engine too, but ignition wires woull'd have made it even better. The washer fluid bag turned out great.

Heres how mine looks, I think you did a better job on yours.

Kris
Finlir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #19
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

Oh, your turned out beautyfully. It's great that you posted here so I can have an idea of how it will look after is finished. About the wiring and more detailing, like I told in the first post, my hands are tied up, since it will be enrolled in a contest where it has to be a box stock one.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlir View Post
Very nice. I have built that kit several years ago and its rather nice for a ex Protar. The headligts though are terrible and the rear stance is a bit awkward.

The paint is beautiful and your engine too, but ignition wires woull'd have made it even better. The washer fluid bag turned out great.

Heres how mine looks, I think you did a better job on yours.

Kris
Old 03-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #20
Finlir
AF Newbie

Allways happy to help. You can find two more pics here: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...o%20Giulietta/

Maybe you noticed one of the front bumpers missing? It's because I have two left bumpers and none for the right side. I have no clue whatsoever why that happened. I've got an Italeri boxing, without engine detail, wich has the correct bumpers and yours seem to have both too

Kris
Finlir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #21
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

Yes, I noticed that, I though it was maybe you hadn't finished yet. Jmmm, what a bad luck you had with this kit. Did you tried to contact them or look on the internet, or even maybe in the forums to see if someone can help you with the parts? I had an issue like this one with a Fujimi Porsche 356A I'm building and a couple of modelers helped me with the parts I needed. There's always modelers who doesn't build the model as it shows in the intructions and some parts stays in the box.

Simón

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finlir View Post
Allways happy to help. You can find two more pics here: http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...o%20Giulietta/

Maybe you noticed one of the front bumpers missing? It's because I have two left bumpers and none for the right side. I have no clue whatsoever why that happened. I've got an Italeri boxing, without engine detail, wich has the correct bumpers and yours seem to have both too

Kris
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #22
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

That is a very nice looking kit and build.
It's a shame that despite the nice chroming, the chromed parts for the front of the car are a touch too big.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

In order to "close" the car I have to finish the doors.
Here are a couple of shoots of the doors process. I add some bare metal to the looks at the sides of the doors and the body doors frame. Also to the glass frame. I would like to cut the clear plastic to show it with the glass down, but, since it will at a contes where it has to be a "pure" box stock, I had no other choice. After all, I like how it see with the whole glass. The inner panel was detailed with some chorme paint. I think the detail it's not bad for being a box stock model.

How they looks in the model?

The trunk cover was also detailed. I losted the opener Alfa Romeo tiny decal, but, I will produce one with the computer.

Wheels received its decals that were toped with some acrylic gloss clear in order to replicate the resin coat on them. Also, a brush coat of Future was applied to the tires in order to replicate the "Armor All" protectant look.

The rear signal-brake lights combo needed a little more of work. Since it's a single clear part, I had to cover it's sides with bare metal, something that was a little bit tricky. After that, I brush detailed the reverse light with a base of lacker silver for the base and topped it with a custom "clear white" coat. The signal and brake lights as always with clear orange and red paint.

A view of the finished rear. The Italian license plate was added.

This pictures finish this project that has been a real nice experience. To me it's real challenging when you have to go to the "back to basics" days in order to detail without using high end photo-etch, lathe, or metal hardware add ons. The finished pictures are in the "Completed Projects" section. Thanks for take from your time to follow this build up.

Some of you guys will see it at the next 2009 GSL XXII.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Beautiful! You did an excelent job with this one too.
The paint is terrific.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street