Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2001, 03:14 PM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Okay, I'm thinking about getting a Tacoma, but I wanted some info about 'em. Does anyone know if they had any recalls or any recurring problems for '95-'97 4WD extended cabs? Also, any good links to find mods (lift, skidplate, turbo,...)

Thanks.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:40 PM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
how much do u want to spend on it?
I really like Tacoma, but I'd go with a sports car. Or is this going to be ur 2nd car?

----------
I've seen the future, and all I can say is go back....
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
enzo@af
Old Mod

Nope, it'll be the daily driver.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
enzo@af
Old Mod

Question

oh, yes, and does anyone know where I could find a suspension lift for one? I'm looking for something around 3 or 4", but don't mind going bigger Any links would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:55 PM   #5
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
Hey man, check out TacomaTerritory.com.

Im a member.

The only problem I had hear ont he 95-97's was the head gasket recall and they should pretty much all been taken care of. I have a 2.5" Cornbred Suspension spacer lift(the most used by member's) and mine is a 2000 V6 Extended Cab 5spd. And yes this truck can haul some a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frog:
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 04:04 PM   #6
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Welcome to the board 4x4Dragon!!

Do you have AIM or ICQ by any chance?
I would really like to talk to ya bout somethin

Here's my contact info:
AIM - tennisboy3453
ICQ # 83417350
MSN - igorsushko@hotmail.com

Did I mention "Welcome!!" ?
Old 03-21-2001, 09:43 PM   #7
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Quote:
Originally posted by 4x4Dragon
Hey man, check out TacomaTerritory.com.

Im a member.

The only problem I had hear ont he 95-97's was the head gasket recall and they should pretty much all been taken care of. I have a 2.5" Cornbred Suspension spacer lift(the most used by member's) and mine is a 2000 V6 Extended Cab 5spd. And yes this truck can haul some a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frog:
And yes i back every word of that .....it is fast espically with u (brett) driveing it . But brett I guess we get to see how awesome u are against an SI . I'm sure if you can keep with a rustang you can keep up with an SI . Damn i still want to ITR .......but i might just have to settle with the max
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:14 PM   #8
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
Quote:
Originally posted by GOD@af
And yes i back every word of that .....it is fast espically with u (brett) driveing it . But brett I guess we get to see how awesome u are against an SI . I'm sure if you can keep with a rustang you can keep up with an SI . Damn i still want to ITR .......but i might just have to settle with the max
Herm, you wouldn't be "settling" for a Maxima. you would be getting one bad a$$ car!!!!!! Everyone i talk to says you should go to the "MAX". Im sure all of your "High School" buddies tell you to get the ITR. But then again, it's your car, you get what you like. Im just saying the ITR doesn't look that good except for the unique yellow color, and it's more of a "Kid's" car. Just think about the future.

And what do you mean hanging with a rustang. I was beating that wustang! Just some poor driving and distraction from my girl while shifting into 3rd.
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 04:58 PM   #9
eep
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to eep Send a message via Yahoo to eep
check out the other tacoma forum

Quote:
Originally posted by enzo@af
Okay, I'm thinking about getting a Tacoma, but I wanted some info about 'em. Does anyone know if they had any recalls or any recurring problems for '95-'97 4WD extended cabs? Also, any good links to find mods (lift, skidplate, turbo,...)

Thanks.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
hey dood,
check out the tacoma territory forum on delphi. that's where all the action is at right now.

www.ttora.com
click on the message board link.

as far as recurring problems...I've heard that the rear leaf packs get replaced for free by dealers and some of the first tacomas had bad starters. you should definitely ask questions in the other forum because there's not very many of us here yet.

eep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 01:26 AM   #10
AtlChris10
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AtlChris10
Cool Lowered mini (Tacos)

:smoker2: Hey what about some lowered Tacos up in this board? All I see are these huge 4x4 tacos that'd run over my lil Taco. What's up with that??? Right now I have a 97 2.4L Taco with a 2/3 drop, K&N Gen 2 full intake, and 2 1/4" Flowmaster 40 series exhaust. This shit hauls compared to the old P/U with the 22RE engine. Civic SI's and Accords ain't shit. Hehe:finger: But right now I'm looking for headers and a chip for my truck. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get one?? And if ANYONE has a lowered mini Taco, email me with some ideas or if u just wanna talk about em. Latas.

Chris
AtlChris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:26 PM   #11
my_tacoma_rules
AF Newbie

Cool

Ay man. u should look up the headers and chips at performanceproducts.com. they have pretty good shit there. im thinkin of droppin my 99' taco prerunner. maybe supercharge it or somethin. do u know where i could find the lowering kits for them.i dont want to slam it though cause i wanna put 20's on it. do u know where i can get a turbo kit for a 3.4 L V6? and what internal upgrades would u need to run at least 10 psi.: .
my_tacoma_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:43 PM   #12
AtlChris10
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AtlChris10
There's a turbo kit for the 2.4 and the 2.7L by LC engineering and EL Prototypes, but since TRD makes the supercharger for the 3.4L u don't have anyone making another forced induction for the 6. The supercharger puts out enough HP and TQ, about 280hp and 240 or so ft/lb. So you'll be fine with that. Plus you don't have to worry about turbo lag, an intercooler, n stuff like that. Umm well I hate to say it, but 20s aren't gonna work on a Taco, unless u have a 4x4. No one I know has done it. Yes even Mike Finnegan (BurnTaco). The biggest u'll get by is 18" with a 2/3 drop. And that's pushing it. You might get tire rub on your fenders, etc. Most people with a lowered suspension (a.k.a Airbags!!!) will have 18"s but they can raise the truck on an instant to make the turns, etc. So I'd say 20s are out of the question. Just stick to a mild drop if u want big rims, or an airbag setup. The TRD supercharger is your best bet, with an exhaust, FMU, and some other lil computer goodies and u'll be tearin up anything.
Latez
C
AtlChris10 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma