Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
vietkrazy
AF Newbie

Amp Help!!!!

hi,
if anyone can help me this would be great!
well i just bought 3 12'' and an amp. I had the guy at the flea market hook it up. everything is going good BOOM BOOM. yea it sounds good
just today i went to wallmart blasting that thing up. when i came back to my car i turned it on and no more BOOM BOOM. the amp is off??....
I checked the wires if everything was in place..IT was!...the grounding wire the positive wire the wire connected to the cd player...everything was put in correctly like it was b4 i got out of the car. i tried everything i can think off to work this thing. I ask my brother too look some answers on the web and he told me that the amp must be over heated. 3 to 4 hours later the amp is cooled down but it still wont turn on. Can anyone give me any other possible problems why it wouldnt turn on?

thanks.

ps i hate 3 12'' - each 1000watts and the amp is 1200watts
vietkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
dirty91crx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to dirty91crx
hmmmmn did you guys check the voltage at the power wires on the amp? are you gettin 12 or more volts back there? if so...check the fuse on the amp(saying there is one)....check to see if there is voltage coming from the remote turn on lead also. if these items check out good....you may have overheated the amp to the point where it basically fried. even though the amp is now cool...some will fry after overheating badly....how was the subs wired up? what kinda load can the amplifire take?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:29 PM   #3
mjshort18
AF Regular

check your ground wire connection. if it is not good then it will not turn on. also if your ground is not the same size as your power wire then it will not be able to turn on because all the power coming in the amp will not be able to filter out as easy as it comes in.
mjshort18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:38 PM   #4
AKKORDINGLY SICK
AF Regular

ur prob like me an bought ur first amp with no intention of qualtiy an you bought the cheapest thing with the biggest number on it, most likely doode u fried ur amp, take it from me, dont go cheap on ur sound man, i bought a bandpass box at the flea market b/c everyone said bandpass was the shit, i ended up breakin the box an gettin a little hatchback box an it kicked twice as much

my baby
AKKORDINGLY SICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
dirty91crx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to dirty91crx
you get what you pay for no matter what it is......
Old 09-12-2003, 09:40 AM   #6
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
check the fuse in the amp first of all, and also if it was wired decently it should have an in line fuse somewhere between the bettery and the amp check that too. that fuse is more likely to blow before the one in the amp. also if you haven't already check your remote power lead (small wire that turns on amp when head unit turns on) at the amp and at the head unit.

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio