Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 12:02 AM   #1
Toejamm10
AF Newbie

2003 Stereo Upgrade

Just purchased (yesterday) my first 2003 Taco 4x4, V6 with TRD and the first thing I would like to add is an amp and possibly replace speakers. Anyone have any links for instructions on stereo/amp/speaker upgrades? I've heard that a '02 doesn't have RCA jacks, is the '03 the same?
Toejamm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
masterfong
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Stereo Upgrade

Stock stereo's almost never have RCA hookups. I installed stereo's professionally a few years back and have never run across a set. If you want to add an amp to your stock system, you'll have to convert your speaker wire outputs into RCAs, then run those into the amps OR you can get an amp that will accept speaker level inputs.

You won't find amp mounting instructions as it's different for every make and model of amps and cars so just find a place for it, bolt it down, and wire it up. As for speaker upgrades, a good place to start for newbies might be www.crutchfield.com. They have a good guide for beginners but shop somewhere else. Their prices are high.
masterfong is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma