Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #1
Brannan
AF Newbie

What classic car designs would you like to see in production again?

There are some incredible car designs lost to history which would be great to bring back into production with basically the same body style but new lighting, suspension and braking for safety and new power trains for speed. One example might be the Abarth 1000 Bialbero 1959: https://www.google.com/search?q=Abar...+1959&tbm=isch Another better known example would be the Shelby Daytona. Maybe some people would include a Delorean but I would probably leave that off the list. Please add your classic dream car to the list, especially if the manufacturer no longer exists.
Brannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #2
paulfromoh
AF Newbie

1949-1951 Mercury
1953-1954 Chevy Styleline
1950-1951 Ford Shoebox

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
paulfromoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: What classic car designs would you like to see in production again?

Definitely not the Delorean... unless they can bring it back without any of the problems the old one had, which are too many to list.
I'd like to see Chevy bring back the Monte Carlo, but it should be nothing like the weak attempts that took place from 1995-2002. A 3.1 or 3.8 liter V6 and front wheel drive? Sounds like a 2 door version of a Buick Century... to me that doesn't count. I'm thinking of the ones from way back when you could have a 4.3, a 350 or even a 454.
There is another one that really isn't that ancient in history, but needs to make a comeback to remind people that the company that made it is capable of making cool cars. That car is the Honda Prelude. This time however, it should be rear wheel drive and built to compete with the Subaru BRZ/ Scion FR-S/ Toyota GT-86. Add more horsepower (give it at least 250) and set it up so the driver can easily drift it, or drive it with precision. I've had 2 Preludes (a '91 Si and a '98 Si-R) and they were both great, I just wasn't crazy about them being front wheel drive.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: What classic car designs would you like to see in production again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannan View Post
There are some incredible car designs lost to history which would be great to bring back into production with basically the same body style but new lighting, suspension and braking for safety and new power trains for speed.... Another better known example would be the Shelby Daytona.
Factory Five will sell you a complete Daytona kit (they call it the type-65) for a shade over $20k. Yes, you'll spend more $$ finishing it, or having it finished; but, you should have a modern car with a dependable engine (and air conditioning) that you can drive every day.
http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/type-65-coupe/

I've seen one of the finished cars in real life. The owner did a great job (didn't ask how much he spent...) and was very happy with it.

DB
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General