Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Raging Bulls - Superleggera, Diablo SV, Murc SV, Revention, LB Aventador & Veneno

Hey Guys

Well after finally finishing my Versace LP640 Lambo I've decided to continue the Lambo theme! Ive amassed these kits over the last year & have been gagging to start building them!!! Each one gets something special (except the Diablo...) & im working on all of them at the same time, will be painting them at the same time etc.

First up (the only non V12)
Gallardo Super Leggera.
Fujimi Gallardo kit with Hobby Design Super Leggera Transkit.

This is the contents of the Transkit - Wheels, Spoiler & decals. I'll need to also resin cast the Murc SV seats & brakes, & then modify the door cards & side sills.

The Old One!
Fujimi Diablo SV, not getting any extra love just a little TLC, great kit too!!

The Brute - Aoshima Murcielago SV
Great kit by Aoshima!! Also got the PE set also from Aoshima, comes with seat belts & carpet too!!!

The Exclusive One - Fujimi Reventon
Pretty good kit, only one available anyway. This one comes with a basic PE set for grills & bages etc.

The New Kid on the Block
Aoshima Aventador, Another great kit by Aoshima! Also got the Hobby Design LB Works transkit (Yes I know, said I'd never do another one, but yet...) & this one does look like it actually fits! & Aoshimas PE set too.

The Super Elite One
Fujimis Veneno DX - comes with PE set but basic 1 piece engine. Love this Car, so much better in person! I also ordered the Studio 27 Carbon Decal set which is amazing!

I love how Lambos have evolved over the years & really looking forward to building these Bulls! heres a couple of Group shots.

(& yes after this photo I then Mowed the lawns!)

I'm also working on a few other projects that require similar colours. namely....

Bit of a Lamborghini Nut.... yip!!! (even asked "Santa" for a Aventador Roadster...)

Stay tuned, I'll update often as theres lots to show!!!

Ash

It's Not wheather you Win or Lose, its how you look while you play the Game
da_ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
circuitR
AF Enthusiast

Wow, what a collection and a challenge! There's a lot of work there. I've really become a fan of Aoshima, they're making some really good kits and their accessories are awesome. I will enjoy watching this thread.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

Re: Raging Bulls - Superleggera, Diablo SV, Murc SV, Revention, LB Aventador & Veneno

wow. that's a lot of bull!

looking forward to seeing them all built. and yes, it isn't apparent that you love lambo
Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
stratos75
Loser

Re: Raging Bulls - Superleggera, Diablo SV, Murc SV, Revention, LB Aventador & Veneno

Are you serious? I can't believe my eyes!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Ambitious project, but it will be for sure a pleasure to follow !!

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
ChristopheB
AF Enthusiast

That is some serious Lamborghini love! Good luck on your multi project.

ChristopheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
countach79
AF Enthusiast

You sir, are a madman!!

I'm most definitely watching this one
Best of luck
Old 10-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Thanks Guys

Ambitious - Yes! But I need to have the bulk of the painting done in the next 5 months before my Model room / office become the Nursary!
I did the same last year, I get 3 weeks off at christmas so went hard & got 7 projects all painted up. Bulk painting saves alot of time! Once the part is painted back in the box it goes. I found it really refreshing to open the box at a slightly later date & everythings painted (with the exception of detail painting) & start piecing it together, I finished 6 kits so far this year! Also got 2 sitting in their boxes all painted up ready for construction for a future "slump" buster model.

Anyway on to some progress, I've cut the front bumper off the Aventador & Great news the Hobby Design Resin bumper FITS!!! HoRay! So will contiune with that one! Also almost ready for a big weekend of painting. Mondays a public holiday so am going to mix up 300ml of primer & airbrush everything for a few hours!
Pics tomorrow!

Old 10-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

so that's why you had this huge WIP. congrats in advance!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
GTRfan01
AF Regular

this is pretty cool!
i agree with your painting strategy, I always have a couple projects going and rarely only paint one at a time.
GTRfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
Cliff71
AF Newbie

G'day Ash... Great to see I'm not the only Bull fan & crazy enough to build a few at the same time ;-) Lol! Even though I've got the Veneno, I haven't started it yet but I've got all the bodies done for the Gallardo, Murciealgo & both Aventadors...

The Gallardo is Audi Teak Brown, Murc' is Verde Ithaca, Aventador coupe is Ferrari Red & Roadster is Muira Green :-)
Good luck with your Bulls mate! :-)

Cheers Cliff
Cliff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #12
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff71 View Post
G'day Ash... Great to see I'm not the only Bull fan & crazy enough to build a few at the same time ;-) Lol!

Cheers Cliff
Hey Cliff!
Actually your the one that gave me the idea to build them all at the same time! I saw your pic over on SPC a couple months back & thought it might be a good idea to do all the bulls at once!

Didnt get a chance to get any painting done over the weekend, weather was average & you actually have to spend time at your house to make progress! Hopefully this weekend!

Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
cjsbosox
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff71 View Post
G'day Ash... Great to see I'm not the only Bull fan & crazy enough to build a few at the same time ;-) Lol! Even though I've got the Veneno, I haven't started it yet but I've got all the bodies done for the Gallardo, Murciealgo & both Aventadors...

The Gallardo is Audi Teak Brown, Murc' is Verde Ithaca, Aventador coupe is Ferrari Red & Roadster is Muira Green :-)

Cheers Cliff
Where's the purple bull????

Another day on the job!
cjsbosox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #14
circuitR
AF Enthusiast

What primer do you use in your airbrush Ash? Sometimes the rattle can is a bit of a mess. With using an airbrush I could prime in my office
Old 10-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitR View Post
What primer do you use in your airbrush Ash? Sometimes the rattle can is a bit of a mess. With using an airbrush I could prime in my office
Hey Mate
I use a PPG Dulon Primer - I think its an acrylic laquer. Had a 1lt tin left over from when we used to do painting at work that I was able to have, Got black & white too! for free!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to da_ashman For This Useful Post:
circuitR (11-04-2014)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street