Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

Porsche 918 Spyder (Revell Germany)

Just received mine in the mail today. Over all I'm pretty impressed with the kit. Lots of parts, nice level of detail all with minimal flash. However, as always there are a few things Revell needs to fix. First and most notably are the tires. Both front and rear's are too small. As stated by baracca in his thread of the completed model, the tires are 19's/20's and should be 20's/21's. For me this is not an issue as I plan on having some custom ones 3D printed, once I find someone to design them for me. Second, the rear deck is molded to the main body, there's lots of detail underneath that is now hidden. In my opinion with the full engine and chassis parts under the body it would of been nice to have a removable rear deck. Brake rotars look wrong. The rear calipers look too big to me and there are no drilled holes in the rotars, they have decals. Will probably replace them with some after market ones. And the other issue that sticks out right away is the front bumper (see pic below) they molded the license plate backing into the bumper so if you want to display the car without a front plate (like I plan to), you'll need to do some body work. Decals look good, nice quality.Other than these things, from what I see it's still over all a very nice kit.

Here's some pics (again, sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

Box Art:

Instuctions (lots of pics, nice details):

Decals:

Some interior and suspension parts:

Engine (looks really nice):

Rear suspension/framework

Interior parts"

Chrome parts and brakes:

Body parts:

Front bumper (sorry for the bleary pic) But you can see the molded in license plate:

Chassis parts:

Body Shots:

A shot of my inspiration, love this render. Found it while googling some reference pics.

Paint is going to be BMW Crystal White Pearl
http://gravitycolors.com/us/product/...l-white-pearl/

I've got the next couple of days off, so I plan on starting on this right now.

More soon.

David
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
fafnir
AF Regular

Re: Porsche 918 Spyder (Revell Germany)

That rendering looks much nicer than the stock version,looking forward to your build.
fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
da_ashman
AF Enthusiast

Looking forward to seeing more, really want to get at least 2 of these!!!

It's Not wheather you Win or Lose, its how you look while you play the Game
da_ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:53 AM   #4
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Thanks or sharing the contents. Looks like a descent kit with a little extra work. The front plate shouldn't be a problem to remove. But since there is a slight indent I would check frequently when sanding puttying. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope an aftermarket company releases a pe mesh for the rear deck lid.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

This build is going to be on hold for awhile. I plan on doing another "street" version of this car down the road, but for now I've converted it to a race version. New WiP will be in the Motorsports section and I'll just restart this once I pick up another kit down the road.

David
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street