Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #46
CarSuperfreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CarSuperfreak
Re: Re: To much bass every thing cuts out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan4286
Crutchfield is where i go get my stuff, it has good prices

:22yikes:

crutchfield, while having great customer service, is waaaay overpriced. Do just a little bit of shopping; you can do better.

www.pricegrabber.com
www.ikesound.com
CarSuperfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #47
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
Re: To much bass every thing cuts out

No no, don't get a more powerful amp. Install the one I recommended as a seperate amp for the sub. Running a more powerful amp will only work if you get a 4 channel or up. Tri-mode is not really a good thing to run unless powered at the right impedence, which cannot be reached by those amps. Since you are obviously obsessed with improperly doing this by using one amp, at least get a 4 channel. Run 2 front channels to the speakers and 2 rear channels bridged to the sub. http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=3506

Of course you could just get a new sub, 2 amps, and some decent speakers, which I could get you good deals if you ever choose to do a decent setup.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #48
Snake_Man
AF Regular

so this amp is 4 channel??? http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=3506

for a 120 bucks how good of quality is that? sound good to me id rather go wit hthe 4 channel than 2 amps in the back only reason i want to do it with one amp is simply i dont have the room for 2 amps an a sub. the back of a ranger isnt all that big
Snake_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #49
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSuperfreak
I was just looking at my manual, and it says if you do it that way you will need inductors on the sub wires to act as low-pass filters, and capacitors on the speaker wires to act as high-pass filters for the high/midrange speakers.

so are you looking for a second amp? or a replacement amp?

on a side note, maybe sr20de4evr can answer this.....Right now I have a Pioneer Amp:
Continuous Power (14.4V): 125Wx2 (4 ohm), 190Wx2 (2 ohm), 380Wx1 (4 ohm)
Max Power (14.4V): 250Wx2 (4 ohm), 760Wx1 (4 ohm)

and Two Pioneer subs:
Watts MAX. Music Power 450W
Watts Nominal Power Handling 120W
Rated at 4 Ohms

I have both these subs hooked up to my amp bridged. (both positives on one post, and both negatives on one post) What impedance am I running at? at how much power is each sub getting?

I've had it set up this way forever, and have had no problems, Im just curious. Thanks

It sounds like you're running it at 2ohm bridged, but I'm having a hard time believing the amp is running that without a problem. I guess it's possible though

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #50
Snake_Man
AF Regular

so what do you think should i go with that 4 channel amp?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:54 PM   #51
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haibane
Snake man, gregory:seperating the frequencies does not fix the ohm rating on the sub, it still has the same impendence. It is running too low for the amp. The frequency adjustments allows for more energy efficent use of power in the ranges given each speaker.

Not exactly

If you have an inductor on the sub (which I wouldn't recommend, when dealing with transient response inductance is the enemy) and a cap on the highs, at any given frequency the impedence will be much higher than the two speakers themselves wired in parallel. At 0hz (this is just a dc signal), the sub will be getting the full signal and because of the cap, the highs won't be receiving anything at all. This means the amp will only see the sub and the other speakers will be "invisible". At high frequencies, the inductor on the sub will have a very high impedence and essentially the amp will only see the other speakers. At all the frequencies in between it's a little more complicated, but depending on the capcitance and inductance used for the filters, it's possible to never show the amp an impedence lower than 4ohm mono even with 2 4ohm speakers wired in parallel.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 05-19-2004, 07:56 PM   #52
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Man
so what do you think should i go with that 4 channel amp?
That 4ch would work, the Profiles aren't the best sounding amps out there, but they put out their rated power, they're reliable, and they do sound good for their price, so it should work out well.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 05-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #53
Snake_Man
AF Regular

souds good to me ill probably order it in a few days if you all say this will work
Old 05-19-2004, 08:27 PM   #54
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

If you just run the fronts on the front 2 channels and bridge the rears to the sub, it should work out just fine

You would get 75 to each of the components and 225 to the sub

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 PM   #55
Snake_Man
AF Regular

yup im buying soon i want this fixed lol
Old 05-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #56
Snake_Man
AF Regular

buddy at mine is trying to get me to buy a rockford fodgate amp i know that they are really good but also expensive but this one i found is only $200 Rockford Fosgate 501X 65x4 @ 4ohm - 500 watts RMS total would that work for my set up?
Old 05-21-2004, 08:30 AM   #57
gregory1041
AF Newbie

That would definitely do the trick. I have that type of setup in my wife's car with a Sony 50x4, and that pushes Kicker R25 tweeters and Infinity Beta 4’s for the front and a single Rockford XLC 12” for the sub.
I did a quick search on Google's Froogle and found this:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...1x&svbname=403
gregory1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #58
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane

you are kidding about the sony right? My friend just told me his good friend spent 3000 on a sony system and it all died within 2 years

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio