Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #31
FNA
AF Regular

Re: Waving to other bikers?

All I can say is those of you who are too busy or too cool or too chilled to wave at your fraternal comrades are richards. How does anybody bitch about it to you for not waving - you're passing each other in opposite directions?

The only good thing about it is that when you don't wave, we can tell you're someone who can afford a motorcycle, not a motorcyclist or biker.

Aussie, I don't care if someone is riding a pink 50cc Honda with "My Little Pony" stickers on it - you DO NOT interfere with someone's ability to ride! I mean what kind of a rectum are you, stalling someone's bike at a traffic light on a public road? The other rider could have been killed because they BOTHERED you? And other readers here think it's cool and funny?

God! really, what a bunch of holes. Stay the freak at home off the road. I dropped in to maybe read a post or too, get a little amusement, maybe offer some advice. I'm so pissed, ahh, screw it.
FNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
Steel
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNA
All I can say is those of you who are too busy or too cool or too chilled to wave at your fraternal comrades are richards. How does anybody bitch about it to you for not waving - you're passing each other in opposite directions?
You just did. See, you get all bent out of shape because *I* don't wave. Well guess what. I'm not going to. And all of you who don't like it cause its not the 'brotherhood' thing to do and you think it makes me not a biker... well, you can shove it and try to keep up.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #33
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNA
All I can say is those of you who are too busy or too cool or too chilled to wave at your fraternal comrades are (1)richards. How does anybody bitch about it to you for not waving - you're passing each other in opposite directions?

(2)The only good thing about it is that when you don't wave, we can tell you're someone who can afford a motorcycle, not a motorcyclist or biker.

Aussie, I don't care if someone is riding a pink 50cc Honda with "My Little Pony" stickers on it - you DO NOT interfere with someone's ability to ride! I mean (3)what kind of a rectum are you, stalling someone's bike at a traffic light on a public road? (4)The other rider could have been killed because they BOTHERED you? (5)And other readers here think it's cool and funny?

God! really, what a bunch of (6)holes. Stay the freak at home off the road. I dropped in to maybe read a post or too, get a little amusement, maybe offer some advice. I'm so pissed, ahh, screw it.
1) what the fuck is a "richard". IF YOU MEAN DICK, SAY IT PRINCESS!

2) for your information. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/motorcyclist http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biker

so in your "informed opinion", a person who can afford a motorcycle, yet is neither a motorcyclist or a biker would infact be someone who owns a bike yet fails to operate it and therefore it would sit in the garage with zero miles.

And in that statement you state "we can tell...." hmmmmm if it's only you, Laverne, it doesn't make it a plural "we".

3) I'm an asshat. get with the program Nancy! (rectum sombrero for those of us outside Canadia)

4) highly unlikely, but well deserved if it had have happened.

5)Is was FUCKIN funny. check out an old video called Las Vegas Extreme for the exact re-inactment. only it involves people who don't ride scooter's

6) see point 1. (only insert "holes" for "richard" and "asshole" for "DICK" (thought i should point that out just in case you didn't quite get the drift)

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, people don't wave because they are actually riding. which involves full concentration and control. Maybe they are watching an SUV soccor mum putting on makeup and too busy concentrating on her to notice another biker. Maybe they are in the middle of a gear change. Maybe they are doing something much more important to them, at that moment in time, to give a fuckin shit about another guy who'll they'll never meet again, and if they do, never recognise anyway, and, God forbid, hurt the little guys feelings *sniffle*

wake up and sniff reality Susan!

Ps. Me calling you female names is an in-joke. It refers to the fact you may infact have girl qualities (no offence to Speed Diva or any other female who doesn't like being likened to an FuckiNAsshole) . Actually to refresh your memory. we've crossed before. your in my ignore list. the only reason i even saw your post, was because i hadn't logged in before you shit me.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #34
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcoslacker
I have it on good authority that the 650 can do way better than 90...11.2:1 compression...lotta pop in that "little" 650...
I rode a 99 version and that's all it could muster up...It was a piece...lol

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud to be in the U.S. Navy
- In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba "GITMO"
+ Proud Gator Fan
Mason_R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #35
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Her 250 Honda Reflex would do 78 downhill with a tailwind (literal conditions... down an incline with the wind at my back).

As for waving, unless I am otherwise occupied with watching someone try to run me over or watching the sweet-ass road before me, I have my hand out there or at least try to give a nod.

As for the anger and stuff... hell, I have tits and I don't even get that fired up over other bikers.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #36
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_R1
I rode a 99 version and that's all it could muster up...It was a piece...lol
Yeah well look what you're used to riding......I guess it would feel slouchy.

15 second quarter...slow for a bike, fast for a scooter, average for a car...

But it's deceptive, mostly from initial lag from the CVT...once rolling it stays in the powerband with no shifts...feels slower than it is because you don't hear the motor rising and falling...just a steady pull that feels flat...

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #37
Mason_R1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcoslacker
Yeah well look what you're used to riding......I guess it would feel slouchy.

15 second quarter...slow for a bike, fast for a scooter, average for a car...

But it's deceptive, mostly from initial lag from the CVT...once rolling it stays in the powerband with no shifts...feels slower than it is because you don't hear the motor rising and falling...just a steady pull that feels flat...
Actually at the time I was riding a 1991 Honda CBR 600F2, lol, still quicker than the scooter but not by much! To me two wheels is two wheels, I'll ride with you if you have a scooter as long as you can go the speed limit. I draw the line at mopeds and anything smaller than 125cc bikes.

+ Ride a 2002 Yamaha R1
+ Proud to be in the U.S. Navy
- In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba "GITMO"
+ Proud Gator Fan
Mason_R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #38
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Man Aussie, you really need to quit holding it in like that. Let us know how you feel buddy, it's ok!!!!

The kickstand trick was FUNNY. Sure, it could have been dangerous, but since he didn't get hurt, it's really funny.

You gotta admit, the pink 50cc Honda with my little pony stickers was funny too. Hey wait, maybe that's what he rides, he has no bike in his profile!!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #39
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz
Man Aussie, you really need to quit holding it in like that. Let us know how you feel buddy, it's ok!!!!

The kickstand trick was FUNNY. Sure, it could have been dangerous, but since he didn't get hurt, it's really funny.

You gotta admit, the pink 50cc Honda with my little pony stickers was funny too. Hey wait, maybe that's what he rides, he has no bike in his profile!!
Yeah, I failed anger management. I actually had to do a "conflict resolution" course through work because i called a bloke "fuckin useless" to his face and sent him home. apparently that's not how supervisors should act.
but the way i see it. even the golden arches has standards that include wearing pants.
all the course did for for is show me how the other party feels and what NOT to say, now i just say the wrong thing on purpose.

Its all about shits'n'giggles for me. I do stuff to shit people and i giggle. simple

I don't have a problem with scooters. its the riders. if they realise that they aren't quick and behave themselves then i'll respect them.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #40
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

I know what you're saying 100% Blayne. Today's politically correct world makes it so you can't tell an asshat what he needs to hear.....The TRUTH.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #41
speediva
AF Fanatic

Dude, I can't even tell you how many times I've pulled up to a friend at a red light and hit the kill switch! It makes for AWESOME flirting. Especially since my fine ass gets to be in front in the end.

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #42
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva
Dude, I can't even tell you how many times I've pulled up to a friend at a red light and hit the kill switch! It makes for AWESOME flirting. Especially since my fine ass gets to be in front in the end.
HMMM........sounds like improved scenery to me,

Old 01-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #43
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

But if she's on a bloody scooter, she'll just be getting in the way again....

Old 01-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #44
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

That's OK by me, I ride a Harley, so I'm in no hurry. I'll just putt along and enjoy the scenery.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #45
speediva
AF Fanatic

ROFL. What's even funnier is that my roommate insists that I have no ass... and I'm inclined to agree!

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes