Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #91
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

hiking? oh you mean riding.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:56 AM   #92
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

what about your own hands? titanium doesn't bend and if your hand gets squashed you'll lose digits. my misses would kill me if i lost digits thats like riding with steel cap boots

would be fun smashing windows though.
i've got Spidi race gloves with carbon/kevlar across the knuckles but not on the fingers and i'm very happy. better than the dianese version. i'm a brand snob
Old 08-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #93
puchmaxikid04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to puchmaxikid04 Send a message via MSN to puchmaxikid04 Send a message via Yahoo to puchmaxikid04
Re: harley vs. sport bikes

A Crotch Rocket Is Built For Speed So Obviuosly With No Doubt It Would Win Stock To Stock.but I Dont See Why People Want Hese For Cruising Aroun.they Are So Uncomfortable To Ride.they Are Made To Race And That Is Were I Think They Should Stay.kids Only Buy Them Cause They Dont Have The Money For A Harley But Int He Long Run The Harley Saves You Money Cause When You Go To Sell It You Can Get Near The Same Peice As You Paid For It.valu Doesnt Go Down Ona Harley As It Does On A Jap.
puchmaxikid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 PM   #94
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

must.... resist.... FLAMING.... aaaaaa..... someone cure me! People keeps reviving this thread....

Crotch rockets, aka sportbikes CAN be used to cruise around. Why would people buy them if they don't want to commit speed violations? Simply because they have superior handling and braking power than any Harleys. Riding sportbikes don't necessarily inject the idea of speeding, it depends on the person, common sense. Nor are they all uncomfortable, some have better ergonomics for the rider's posture than others. As for the price, they're cheap to buy and cheap to sell. Many owners have multiple bikes on their garage for the price of one potato chopper. There are so many illogical statements to what you said. They're made to race??

Harleys are novelty items that are appreciated in value only to keep the image alive.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:55 PM   #95
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

if i knew how to use a 'cheers' smiley face, one would be ever so appropriate right now
Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 AM   #96
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

hey puch, i think you've got my shift key. can i have it back now please? he he. ok i've got a crotch rocket and i do tend to speed i little but i have also ridden a harley and it just does't give me a thrill. it didn't handle and i didn't have the confidence in the machine that was designed circa 1948

come-on Z. god built harleys to give wankers something to ride. I'M JUST KIDDING! DO NOT TAKE OFFENCE. i have a sense of humor and appreciate all riders who are in it for the thrill and don't 'hate' the other codes.

who cares what you ride as long as it has two wheels and gives you a buzz
Old 08-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #97
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

damn, another post worth 'cheers'ing to. gotta find out how to do that....
Old 08-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #98
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Aussie, I got nothing against Harley riders. In all honesty, I am glad to see anyone on two-wheels on the road. The only thing I don't appreciate are the ear-defening sounds, hehe, and the attitude they have against spotbike riders. Supposedly, we're riding the weaker machines. Im sure it's pretty different in OZland, but here, the arrogance thrives a bit more than it seems... i.e. see example above. lol. I mean my father used to ride streebikes and cruisers, so it's not like I'm a crotch-nazi.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:53 AM   #99
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

i know. i'm just shitting you. i think puch needs to work out whether he's a harley KID with dreams or a moped rider
Old 08-05-2004, 11:46 AM   #100
puchmaxikid04
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to puchmaxikid04 Send a message via MSN to puchmaxikid04 Send a message via Yahoo to puchmaxikid04

well i just say they are unconfortable from experience.i have been on a few of them and they were not comfortable.they are fun though i just dont like the normal driving on them for long periods at a time.and about the ear deffining nois my dads isnt really loud or not as loud as others and i would prefer the sou nd of a loud harley over rocket. i ride a moped because its all i can drive.i dont think my dad would enjoy me driving his harley around. some day i will have a harley or hopefully a chopper and i love choppers but i have to say some of them may look good but are horribley uncomfertable
puchmaxikid04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:51 PM   #101
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

as a 15yr old, how can you comment on sport bikes. as a moped rider it adds insult to injury
Old 08-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #102
Too New To Know
AF Enthusiast

hahaha
perhaps there uncomfortable because his stretching to the point that his arm muscles hurt to reach the bars?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #103
flex339
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flex339

i imagine what makes it uncomfortable is when you try to get on the bike and drop it since your feet can't touch the ground. j/j
flex339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #104
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: harley vs. sport bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchmaxikid04
well i just say they are unconfortable from experience.i have been on a few of them and they were not comfortable.they are fun though i just dont like the normal driving on them for long periods at a time.and about the ear deffining nois my dads isnt really loud or not as loud as others and i would prefer the sou nd of a loud harley over rocket. i ride a moped because its all i can drive.i dont think my dad would enjoy me driving his harley around. some day i will have a harley or hopefully a chopper and i love choppers but i have to say some of them may look good but are horribley uncomfertable
You're only allowed to ride mopeds, and you're saying you been on sportbikes long enough to speak from experience? lol. You don't like to drive it under normal conditions, but I bet you love to rip the throttle open in the twisities or at AMA competitions right? hehe. And you rather have hearing loss/poor hearing by the time you're 30 than listen to a subtle, high-pitched whiney growl? Yeah, fair enough.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 PM   #105
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Play nice with the noob. He'll learn... someday.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote