Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #16
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Thanks, so if I get one of the Pilots, I should expect longer durability from Pilot Road than Pilot Power right?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:46 AM   #17
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

ummm.

i'm not sure on that pattern. it looks like it may develop the same probs the sport had. look at the powers' and the tread valleys don't intersect. the sports have the intersections and thats where they wear out while the rest has heaps on it.

have a think about your ride style and what you expect from a tyre versus the cost of the tyre.

what i mean is, i don't ride hard all the time but i do get on it sometimes so i expect grip to be good. i'm willing to pay $360AUS for a rear to do that even when i only get 5000k's. also i have more horsepower than most and the tyre needs to be able to handle it and get the power to the ground

i could pay about $280AUS for a say dunlop 208 or similar but i want better.

as a learner i only went for cheaper tyres because i couldn't afford better and didn't know the difference. i used to commute and my tyres would be worn on the middle and not so much on the sides. so i bought harder tyres to last me.

try the 208's or similar, or even battleaxes which are a sporty commuter tyre. i wouldn't run these due to lack of grip on bigger bikes.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #18
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

I've put Battlaxe BT-014 on the rear before on FZR. I wouldn't know how it faired, because I only had logged 500 miles on it, but it had a nail on it, took it out, and put tire slime on it, and it worked fine.

I don't ride on the straights by choice alone, haha, but I could still appreciate as much grip I can get. We have sand, nails, gravels, roadkills everywhere. Sand and gravels worry me the most. But yeah, in your case, you need the best with that much rear wheel power, mine is about 65 RWHP @ Sub-390 lbs wet .

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes