Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Land Cruiser/LX470
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
BMW_4.4i
AF Regular

Question Future Of The Land Cruiser

Does anybody have any information on a new Land Cruiser comming out? By this I mean a major redesign and/or a new or improved engine. I have heard rumors about the Land Cruiser being dropped from the Toyotal line because of lower sales and the popularity of the Sequioa. I would hate to see it go, and I personally don't think that it will happen. Rumors have also stated that it may soon share a platform with the Tundra. Anybody have any links to some news?

I loved my 1997 40th Anniversary and 2000 Land Cruisers. After 2 in a row it was time for a change for a few years, but I am still interested in the Land Cruiser and would love to own another!

Joe
Old 02-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #2
kkil
AF Newbie

Re: Future Of The Land Cruiser

Personally I think they should drop the current line and bring over the BJ70/HJ73V line (currently sold in South America), they are missing a short w/b 4X4, and no, the RAV4 doesn't count
kkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #3
C-DUBYA
AF Enthusiast

Automotive News / January 10, 2005

After two years of study, Toyota will bring the FJ Cruiser to America this year. The production version of the rugged two-door SUV will be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show, a Toyota source said. The source said it will look "very close" to the concept FJ Cruiser that debuted at the 2003 Detroit auto show. It also will carry significant cues of the original circa-1960 FJ-40 Land Cruiser, down to the identical logo. It will be imported from Japan and go on sale this fall.

COOL!

THE WAY YOUR GIRLFRIEND LIKES IT...BIG AND DIRTY!!
C-DUBYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
ricesucks
AF Enthusiast

I have the new car and driver. It looks just like the 03 concept. I love it! Just what toyota needs. Something cool/cheap that people want to drive.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9286
ricesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Future Of The Land Cruiser

Interesting truck...
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
aamiggia
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to aamiggia
It's true that Toyota sells very few LC's and the numbers drop every year. I don't think they will stop importing them because they carry so much prestige.

The FJ cruiser is NOT a Landcruiser and Toyota has been very careful to make sure the layman's think it is, but not to piss off the people who know Landcruiser's.

The FJ is a Taco with a shorter wheelbase and less overhang. I think it will be a great hit and if priced between the Rav4 and 4runner it will sell well. They are going after the young Wrangler market that wants less offroad purpose built truck and more comfort.

As mentioned before Toyota makes many models of cruiser around the world that would put the Wrangler to shame, but the marketing folk feel that they will sell many more FJ Cruiser's to the younger market. And they're right!
aamiggia is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Land Cruiser/LX470