Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
stoopidfat
AF Newbie

'99 Accord speaker sizes/placement, amp placement, road noise insulation

1) I'm looking to replace my stock speakers - they are seperates w/ dash tweeters up front. I want to get infinity perfects or some mbquarts on ebay but i don't know if there are issues with the speaker depth and don't want to find out too late. Are there depth restrictions?
If so what are they, i.e., how deep can you go?

2) Also, is it possible to mount the tweeters in the kickpanel? Seems lots of folks think that's the best for imaging; I want to flush mount the tweeters so they don't get kicked off.... depth issue again.

3) Is there room for an amp under the driver's seat if you have a power seat and how much amp can go under the passenger's seat?

4) Last does anyone have recommendations for something effective but not expensive for increased insulation from road noise?
stoopidfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

try www.crutchfield.com

then, "what fits my car?"

if you have any skill with fiberglass, you might want to flush mount the tweeter and speaker(with a speaker ring made out of mdf).
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 03:30 AM   #3
killah_xft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to killah_xft Send a message via AIM to killah_xft
well in my 99' accord the only problem I ran into was when I went to install the poineer 220 watts The magnets were much deeper than the stock speakers, and would not fit in the speaker basket, so I simply took a dremel and cut the ring off of the basket. as for amp placement... so far I have found the trunk, and under the rear seat as the best spots.. one they are close enough to the subb, and you don't endanger the amp to kicking passengers.. I am thinking of moving my amp to the underside of the top of the trunk with a rack I'm planning to build. ( It will look like this |_a_m_p_| ). this will bolt to the top on the trunk, and save me trunk space, and give me more room.. but I'm also thinking of mounting it underneath the rear seats..
Black 1999 Honda Accord LX, Bombz Cold Air Intake, DC Sports Ceramic Exhaust header, "Rally racing" Foglights, 400 watt coustic 401SE AMP, 450 watt Bazooka TVB 141 Tri-vent triangle sub. 220 watt Pioneer 6.5" 3-way (in doors).

To come: Dynamat, Borla exhaust system, and 17" Koenig Absolute (black w/ chome lip), Coilovers, & camber kit (1-1.5 drop), Extensive Engine mods.

check me out on: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/515191
killah_xft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
T!mmy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to T!mmy Send a message via MSN to T!mmy
Re: '99 Accord speaker sizes/placement, amp placement, road noise insulation

for insulation and to stop rattles go either second skin or fatmat...very cheap and still very effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18c5sol94
we go from a stop he pulls a little on me (only cause i can't keep the wheels on the ground)
T!mmy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio