Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 01:33 PM   #1
iLLuCiv99
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to iLLuCiv99
Question Auto Tranny & Turbo

Hey guys whats up?

I have a 99 civic ex w/ automatic transmission. I wanted to know wen running w/ turbo, does the gear ur or how long you hold it for affect the turbo in the spooling process in any way? I'm kind of a newb, but this guy that had turbo on his altima (also automatic) said he kinda regrets it. Does it really matter putting turbo on Auto or Standard?

Thanks
iLLuCiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:15 PM   #2
piscorpio
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to piscorpio
Ask him specifically why he regrets getting it with his automatic. Also, this same exact question has come up recently, just scroll down some, you'll see it.
piscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 06:17 PM   #3
TrUnKs714
AF Newbie

Re: Auto Tranny & Turbo

Quote:
Originally posted by iLLuCiv99
Hey guys whats up?

I have a 99 civic ex w/ automatic transmission. I wanted to know wen running w/ turbo, does the gear ur or how long you hold it for affect the turbo in the spooling process in any way? I'm kind of a newb, but this guy that had turbo on his altima (also automatic) said he kinda regrets it. Does it really matter putting turbo on Auto or Standard?

Thanks
higher rpm=more exhaust=faster spool up
so yes it does affect it. with a manual, u can control wen the gears change...so u can change them at high gears and maintain high rpm for more hp (keep rpm in power band)...i hear n2o works well with auto...so mayb add juice to ur auto
TrUnKs714 is offline   Reply With Quote