Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
bald1_2004
AF Newbie

oxygen sensor 1997 Jimmy

What is the correct wiring sequense for the O2 sensors? The O2 sensor has 2 dark brown wires 1 purple wire and 1 light brown wire. The vehicle has 1 purple wire 1 black 1 red and 1 brown. Which wires hook up to each other? Stupid me the harnesses were corroded and I threw away my cheat sheet with the wiring schematics. Thanks
bald1_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
94 Jimmy
AF Regular

This sounds like a heated 4 wire sensor. The replacement should tell you which are the heater and which are the sensor wires. I would bet on the two brown wires for the heater. You can use a high impedence >10Mohm Meter to check the wires. The heater should be only a few ohms. Be very careful of the sensor wires, do not use a low impedence ohmeter or other high current meter or you will destroy the sensor. Do not short the sensor wires or it's just an interesting little thingie.
Go to the library and look for a Chilton or Haynes manual, or go back to the parts store and hopefully someone else has unwraped a manual. Or spring the $25 their great to have. Check it out and see if you can find the wiring diagrams, then hook it up and hope you haven't made any $50 mistakes.
If all else fails just wait a while, some nice sole will reply with the correct wires. Just watch out and don't damage the sensor.
94 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy