Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
Tom Brockman
AF Newbie

1992 Mazda B2600i Fuel System

I have a B2600i. I think I'm not getting gas to the cylinders. Spark plugs look good. I left out the first plug and cranked the engine. After this I did not smell gas from the spark plug hole. Put a fuel guage in line after the fuel filter and jumpered the test connector to prime the engine. The fuel guage read 40 psi. My Chilton manual says the fuel pressure should be between 60 and 85 psi. For readings out of range it says I should replace the fuel pump. So I've dropped the tank to do this replacement. Is there anything else I should do while I have the fuel tank pulled off?
Tom Brockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
hocbj23
AF Regular

Re: 1992 Mazda B2600i Fuel System

Take connectors apart at top of tank and spray with elec cleaner to ensure good contact.Check tank for debris.I assume new pump will come with new "sock" filter.That thing gets clogged .Check rear of tank where it bolts up near the frame rail.Sometimes rocks get lodged in there and rub hole in tank.Hope this helps.BJ
hocbj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
Tom Brockman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocbj23
Take connectors apart at top of tank and spray with elec cleaner to ensure good contact.Check tank for debris.I assume new pump will come with new "sock" filter.That thing gets clogged .Check rear of tank where it bolts up near the frame rail.Sometimes rocks get lodged in there and rub hole in tank.Hope this helps.BJ
BJ, Thanks. I did not think of that. Wondering if I have to do anything with all that emisions stuff hanging off the side of the tank. Wondering if I should replace the brake lines while I've got the tank off. Wondering if I can win the lotto and buy an new truck.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
hocbj23
AF Regular

Lol. Good luck on the lottery.I replaced brake lines on mine this year (92 B2200) with stainless braided lines.MAde a difference in pedal feel.When I took old lines off they were pretty much shot.Might want to do that.Not sure what pollution stuff is hanging off tank other than vapor line going to black canister in engine bay but if u dont hook that back up u will get a continuous fuel smell in ur cab. U dont want that.Good luck.BJ
Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
Tom Brockman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocbj23
Lol. Good luck on the lottery.I replaced brake lines on mine this year (92 B2200) with stainless braided lines.MAde a difference in pedal feel.When I took old lines off they were pretty much shot.Might want to do that.Not sure what pollution stuff is hanging off tank other than vapor line going to black canister in engine bay but if u dont hook that back up u will get a continuous fuel smell in ur cab. U dont want that.Good luck.BJ
BJ. Thanks. Seriously looking at those brake lines.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
magnumtoy
AF Newbie

Hey Tom, sorry didn't reply sooner. I was trying for a while, and kept on getting booted out of AF(?) for days. Then on vacation all last week.

Anyway, yeah, there is no fuel cut relay for the 2600i. Did you ever find your problem?
Old 09-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
Tom Brockman
AF Newbie

No, not yet. Believe it might be the engine control uint. Found burn marks on the circuit board. Sent it to Florida to be rebuilt. Maybe it will get some sun and sand, too. Do it some good. Ha! Wire harness socket side contacts look suspicious, but I have not located a supplier for harness parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumtoy
Hey Tom, sorry didn't reply sooner. I was trying for a while, and kept on getting booted out of AF(?) for days. Then on vacation all last week.

Anyway, yeah, there is no fuel cut relay for the 2600i. Did you ever find your problem?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
hocbj23
AF Regular

I should have thought of that. The computers in these trucks are really just a fuel management unit and they do go bad,Ihave a 1990 2600i and mine went bad at about 150 k miles. Truck would just stop running for no reason.When we took computer out it also had a burned spot on the Board.Hope the Florida sun does it some good.BJ
Old 08-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
tnt4him
AF Newbie

1992 Mazda B2600i Fuel problems

I inherited a 1992 B2600i with a fuel problem. It cranks over and the fuel line to the fuel filter is disconnected. No fuel comes out. With the ignition on there is no noise from the fuel pump. There is a relay that clicks and another one under it that makes no click. I read 5.8 volts at the tank going into the fuel pump. Should it be 12 volts? Are there two relays for the fuel pump?
tnt4him is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter