Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
mrzub
AF Newbie

Angry 1992 B2200 Stuttering

My B2200 truck is having problems about 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time, it runs like a charm. However, the bad thing is that it begins to hesitate or sputter uphills or just around.

Already changed:
MAP sensor
Fuel filter
Distributor
o2 sensor
Ignition coil

I think there is a vacuum leak or the choke on the carb is stuck.....i feel like i am riding a lawnmower with the choke on...the more gas i give it, the more it hesitates

help!

email mario@dataleap.com if need be....

thanks
mrzub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
Techventure
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 1992 B2200 Stuttering

Did you ever solve your stuttering problem ? I'm experiencing the same type of problem with my 1992 B2200.

It will fire and start idling but as soon as I give it gas it starts to die. When I take my foot off the pedal it will idle and sometimes goes higher in RPM , yet if I touch the gas again it will start to shut down.

I would really be interested in any solutions you found.

thanks.
Techventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
hocbj23
AF Regular

Re: 1992 B2200 Stuttering

2200's are notorious for carb problems.Check the sight glass on the drivers side of the carb to see if float is set correctly. Check for proper operation of the choke (take top of air cleaner off when engine is cold and see if choke is partially closed-depress accel down about 1/2 way and choke should completely close),Unless choke operates properly, a cold 2200 engine will stutter and bog down until you reach operating temp. BJ
hocbj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
Techventure
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 1992 B2200 Stuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocbj23
2200's are notorious for carb problems.Check the sight glass on the drivers side of the carb to see if float is set correctly. Check for proper operation of the choke (take top of air cleaner off when engine is cold and see if choke is partially closed-depress accel down about 1/2 way and choke should completely close),Unless choke operates properly, a cold 2200 engine will stutter and bog down until you reach operating temp. BJ
Ifinally found the site glass, however I don't know what I'm looking for as far as the having the float set correctly. Taking off the air cleaner I found the choke fully closed as the engine was cold. After reconnecting the air I started the engine and she fired immediately and revved to 2500-3000 rpm's. When I touched the pedal the rev's dropped to 800-1000 and sputtered to almost dying until I let the accelerator off and she shot back up to 2500 rev's.

If the choke is fully closed when the engine is cold, I assume this should not be, but should be partially closed. How do I set the carb to being partially closed when the engine is cold ?

Thank you for your input.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
hocbj23
AF Regular

There is a horizontal line etched on the sight glass .If fuel level is at this line with truck on level ground you are ok. Carb should be closed completely on cold start.Choke should kick off in stages frim high idle rpm (about 1500 to 1600 rpm, down to 1000 rpm to normal idle 650 rpm as truck warms up. I will pull my manual tonite to see how to set the choke.Is the little flex tube from exhaust manifold to air cleaner intact?bj
Old 04-30-2006, 03:09 AM   #6
Hustlerone
AF Newbie

hmm i have a 1991 b2200 and i get the same issue when i start my truck.
But it gos away in about 10 min.
as well my truck shakes like crazy at times when its idle some times even my bat light comes on cause its choking so bad.
Hustlerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #7
Techventure
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocbj23
There is a horizontal line etched on the sight glass .If fuel level is at this line with truck on level ground you are ok. Carb should be closed completely on cold start.Choke should kick off in stages frim high idle rpm (about 1500 to 1600 rpm, down to 1000 rpm to normal idle 650 rpm as truck warms up. I will pull my manual tonite to see how to set the choke.Is the little flex tube from exhaust manifold to air cleaner intact?bj
Hello hocbj23,

How did you make out finding the information on setting the choke ?

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 AM   #8
hocbj23
AF Regular

I looked last nite. Not much help. After you have checked to see if the choke is opening and closing ok, the Manual says "check for proper operation of the electric circuits." Period. Lol.The choke is electric so I assume that you can use a circuit tester to see if the choke is geting fire. But no further info. I have a Chiltons around somewhere and I will see if it enlightens us more. Sorry. BJ
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
Techventure
AF Newbie

Thanks BJ,

I'll wait to see if you find out anything else. I appreciate your effort.

MH
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
Techventure
AF Newbie

Thanks BJ,

I'll wait to see if you find out anything else. I appreciate your effort.

MH

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter