Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #1
wickedplastikman
AF Enthusiast

help installing msd ignition stuff

i have the instructions on how to wire the msd ignition box, but i have no idea what to do with the blaster ss coil i bought. i looked at the dizzy and it looks like the coil might be inside. can i use an external coil on my ls? how would i go about wiring it? the coil didnt come with any instructions and i couldn't find any on the msd website.
Drag gen III turbo, Blitz BOV, Blitz Boost Controller, AEM Standalone ECU, MSD Ignition, MSD Blaster SS Coil, MSD Cap, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, AEM Fuel Rail/Fuel Pressure Regulator, ACT XCT Clutch, ACT Aluminum Flywheel, Nex SS Coilovers, Thermal Stainless 3" Exhaust, Skunk2 Short Shifter/Knob, Rota 15" Black Slipstream Wheels, Falken Azenis Tires, Brembo Rotors, Axxis Metal Masters, Type R Wing/Seats, VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
wickedplastikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

coil in the distributor. all you need to do is hook up the positive and negative wires from stock coil to the Blaster coil and put on a modified distrubutor cap and hook it up with the supplied ignition coil wire.
integrasedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
wickedplastikman
AF Enthusiast

Re: help installing msd ignition stuff

ok. i didnt know that i'd have to buy a modified cap!
Drag gen III turbo, Blitz BOV, Blitz Boost Controller, AEM Standalone ECU, MSD Ignition, MSD Blaster SS Coil, MSD Cap, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, AEM Fuel Rail/Fuel Pressure Regulator, ACT XCT Clutch, ACT Aluminum Flywheel, Nex SS Coilovers, Thermal Stainless 3" Exhaust, Skunk2 Short Shifter/Knob, Rota 15" Black Slipstream Wheels, Falken Azenis Tires, Brembo Rotors, Axxis Metal Masters, Type R Wing/Seats, VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 05-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #4
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

Old 05-25-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
wickedplastikman
AF Enthusiast

thanks again.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
wickedplastikman
AF Enthusiast

ok. i bought the cap and tried to install it. do i have to remove the stock coil? because the msd cap won't fit unless i remove it. i spliced the wires from the new coil to the cap and the car won't start. do i have to remove any other parts or disconnect any other wires?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #7
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

yes, you have to remove the old coil.

Install of MSD Ignition Box with MSD coil:
http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=265
Summary: This install on Honda, but similar, same idea.
Remove old coil, hook up "+" and "-" wires from ignitor to MSD ignition input.
Next hook MSD ignition output to the Blaster coil "+" and "-".
Then put the coil sparkplug wire on blaster coil to the distribuor cap.
Last, connect power supply wire "+" MSD ignition to "+" battery and ground the MSD ignition.

Install of MSD Coil on a Stock Ignition: http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/msd
Summary: Remove old coil. Hook up + and - wire from ignitor to new MSD coil. Then put the coil sparkplug wire on blaster coil to the distributor cap.

Overall, both methods Very easy. shouldn't give you much trouble.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra