Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
balazsk_cmgh
AF Newbie

Liberty Walk HAKO R35 by Aoshima

Hello guys!

Basically I'm new here, but I have been building models for 10 years. Some of you may know me from the Facebook and the Instagram page " CMGH - Custom Model Garage Hungary". I tought to share one of my recent builds, based on the Aoshima Liberty Walk GT-R R35, the big spoiler grey version.

While building this kit I modified a couple of things: I drilled every hole out to attach cnc'd rivets in the future, I also added a couple of extra vents here and there and a ducktail spoiler from Eightyone81

For wheels I used the barrels and tires from the kit, but added Advan lettering on them from the Aoshima Rocket Bunny GT86. I designed some Watanabe style centers in 3d and printed them, painted with Ak interactive Extreme metal and attached them.

I also added seats, steering wheel, gear shifter and mirrors from the Tamiya Hakosuka kit. The tachometers used in the interior are from zoomOn, and the external oil cooler is also 3d printed part. I used aluminium license plates from an Aoshima kit, bent them and added the decals to look like the old school bosozoku bent plates. The next step will be editing and cutting the livery for it: Im going for a kunimitsu racing car look, thats why I covered and drilled the headlights, and thats why I added so many Hakosuka parts in there. To create some kind of heritage race car. I also made some custom decals for it.

I hope you like my project, you can find more pictures on our instagram page and facebook page

Greetings from Hungary and see you soon!

balazsk_cmgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
blubaja
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to blubaja Send a message via MSN to blubaja Send a message via Yahoo to blubaja
Re: Liberty Walk HAKO R35 by Aoshima

blubaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:32 AM   #3
balazsk_cmgh
AF Newbie

Oh hello, Frank
Old 07-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
balazsk_cmgh
AF Newbie

Hey guys! Some update on the GT-R:

We finished the paintjob using automotive color matched paints and laser cut masking templates (not decals)

the next step will be adding some clear coat, and the various different decals for the full LB Performance / Hakosuka race car look

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street