Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
johnnywoodward
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Bonneville 3 windows out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
My daughter had a 2001 and the problem was the connector under the drivers seat. She lost control of the power windows and the power locks on all doors except the drivers door.

If you still have the power locks working from the drivers door then it is more then likely not that connection but a different problem.

best of luck I hope it is that connection because it sure is any easy fix once you find it. I tore about her whole interior before I found it.

But Dad was her hero after getting that fixed. ha ha :-)
Lol, thanks! So did you find it under the driver seat or under the console?
johnnywoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
cliffdesign
AF Newbie

After following the suggestions from everybody that responded about this problem and drying out my carpets from the sunroof leaks after putting clamps on the drains. I found that the tan/white stripped serial bus wire was broken between the DDM and the connector behind the emergy brake pedal bracket. I fished a new wire through the flex boot and spliced it to the old wire so I didn't have to distrube the prongs on the connector ends and I had all windows and locks working. I also had a problem with a rear window regulator. That is becasue the regulator cable became unattached from the regulalator and the easist fix would be to purchace an imported regulator that are forsale on the web from $40 to $70.
cliffdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #18
funshinepa
AF Newbie

Hey cliffdesign... You wouldn't have any pics of your fix would you. I own a 2003 and my kid owns a 2003. Everything that has happened to my car has happened to her car, or vice versa. She is having the same problem with the back window and passenger window not opening. Also no locks working on those doors either. Only the drivers side works. We BOTH have the drainage problem where it settles on drivers side. I am gonna fix those both. So I suspect her electrical problem is under the drivers side. I have pulled out control panel from door and put mine in, so I know it's not that. If you have any pics, that would be great!!
funshinepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
Dalek
AF Newbie

My bad connection was under the driver seat. I think I may have taken a picture or two. I'll see if I can find them on the camera or computer and post them. My leaks were coming from the doors (my daughters car doesn't have a sun roof). There is another post regarding the fix for the door leaks that are common with this car.
Dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
funshinepa
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 2003 Bonneville 3 windows out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
Mine was under the driver seat. I think I may have taken a picture or two. I'll see if I can find them on the camera or computer and post them. My leaks was coming from the doors (my daughters car doesn't have a sun roof). There is another post regarding the fix for the door leaks that are common with this car.
Awesome.. thanks.

My car is SLE package and has Sunroof and my kids is SE package and doesn't have sunroof. But hers leaks worse then mine does!! But 'm gonna go at hers first since she has a small child. I can do mine anytime and not really worried about my car all that much.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
Dalek
AF Newbie

here are some poor pictures I took when I found the bad connection in my daughters car. The blue connector that you see was a mess. I had to cut one of the wires back pretty far to find good solid wire but once I did I put shrink wrap on the connection and then tape. This car will see the junk yard before this connection goes bad again.

Bonneville repairs 001.jpg

Bonneville repairs 002.jpg
Dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #22
funshinepa
AF Newbie

[quote=Dalek;6883200]here are some poor pictures I took when I found the bad connection in my daughters car. The blue connector that you see was a mess. I had to cut one of the wires back pretty far to find good solid wire but once I did I put shrink wrap on the connection and then tape. This car will see the junk yard before this connection goes bad again.

Dalek.. Excellent.. thanks. I've seen two sets of pics now of the same connection. This is what I am gonna look for the next time I'm down in VA to see the kid. Just hope I can take the car seat out without any issues. :-)
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
dontgetcaught
AF Newbie

This is a common problem with the Bonnevilles, an explanation and easy fix solution is here:

http://www.autotechonwheels.com/2010...itching-it-up/
dontgetcaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
Billy J
AF Newbie

Hey guys. I just went through the same thing. to think every one is right about the grounds. I fixed mine by pulling the kick panels both left and right, pulled apart the buss connector ,cleaned and soldered all spades .these are the main grounds . also on the pass side is the relays for fuelpump. water from windsheld can drip down into this relay and fuse and corrode . also there is a ground buss in the trunk, do the same as above .Same goes for trucks and Suv. Water is the main prob ,windshield seals are no good as it gets hard over time and pulls away causing the leaks. even though these connectors may look okay but they can become lose over time by just shutting the door. It's worth the time to remove the plastic cover to expose the spades and jumper bar and clean and SOLDER. you might be surprised how many things you'll fix just buy doing this.
Billy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
Impalatech
AF Newbie

the SBI (simple bus interface) communication line is most likely the problem. there is a connector for the splice pack under the driver seat like said before. if you have a water leak, this is most likely corroded causing the problems you have. you can rewire it or replace the terminals or whatever you want and it should fix it. your water leak is most likely caused by the door vapor barrier seals - the clearish plastic that sits behind the door panels. on the H body cars, if this is not sealed with butyl caulk or some kind of sealer water will run through the doors and come through the bottom area of the door panels and leak into the cabin. if you have water on one half of the car, then it may just be that side of the vehicle doors. but your best off to pull them all apart and reseal them. also have seen alot of sunroof drain issues, and some evaporator drains plugged causing water leaks. you could also have a body seam with a void in the sealer causing an issue.
Impalatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #26
fenderbender534
AF Newbie

My 2000 SSEi has the same problem, Only the drivers door power windows and lock work, . As a further comment to mention the problem that precipitated this, one should check out the 4 drain tubes from the sun roof, as they can easily get plugged with dirt and debris from trees, etc. The manual is at best poor in picturing where the tubes run. There are 2 in front, and 2 rear ones. The rear ones are impossible to get at on the top, one has to remove the whole sunroof. Fortunately that is unnecessary. Remove the trunk liner, and you can easily remove the plastic elbows that connect the drain tubes to a rubber grommet that drains the water to the wheel well. Mine were plugged, causing water to accumulate in the compact spare well, and I also had water under the carpet, especially in the drivers side rear seat foot well. The front tubes can be cleaned with compressed air or wire from the sunroof end. There are good youtube videos on that topic. Thanks to this forum I suspect the drivers seat ground, and drying out the water hasn't helped, so it could be the drivers door module. Either way, I need to remove the drivers seat again.
fenderbender534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:59 PM   #27
Tech II
AF Fanatic

More often than not, the drain hoses become disconnected from the roof drains or plug at the roof drains...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville