Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 07:03 AM   #31
Scott 02
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Scott 02 Send a message via Yahoo to Scott 02
I have only seen a few ever. once was in South Carolina in the resturant we were eating at. Not sure who drove it though.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #32
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
But do they import it or what?
I mean, I don't think you can go into a Nissan dealer in the States, or even Canada for that matter; and request a Skyline.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #33
Scott 02
Banned

I think that they are imported. Some how you have to connect with the dealership and work out the arrangements. See i have never seen a skyline at all in person. So the people who probably own them live in the southern part of the US. As far as the NSX goes. I have seen new NSX's in a new cars Dealership that just sells only Acura and some other American made applications.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #34
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott 02
I think that they are imported. Some how you have to connect with the dealership and work out the arrangements. See i have never seen a skyline at all in person. So the people who probably own them live in the southern part of the US. As far as the NSX goes. I have seen new NSX's in a new cars Dealership that just sells only Acura and some other American made applications.
I know for sure Acura has a rebadged Honda NSX; but comes available in Targa as well as coupe.

I think it's another company importing the Skylines though; although, I'd love to go into a Nissan dealership & place an order for a Skyline

Old 02-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #35
01WS6_4_ME
AF Newbie

Cool NSX

For 80k I would rather have a used Porsche 911 Twin Turbo that'll smoke pretty much anything. IMHO. That's my ultimate dream car too by the way, so I guess I'm just partial.

Serving Proudly USAF Justin Martin 2003 Black Magic Pearl 20th AE 1.8T w/6 spd, ASR, full Recaro interior, sport suspension, born May 2003 in Brazil, # 2809. Mods coming soon...full limo all the way around, REVO software, 20VT intake, and diverter valve.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #36
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Re: NSX

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WS6_4_ME
For 80k I would rather have a used Porsche 911 Twin Turbo that'll smoke pretty much anything.
I agree. Actually, there are a lot of other cars I would buy for $80k. The NSX is a $50k car, if that. The funny thing is, there is one in my town, and there is NO nice cars in my town. I mean NONE, zip, 0. There is about 2 vipers and 5 Vettes. Anyway, the NSX is red and it is an older one, nicer than the new ones in my oppinion. I was shocked when I saw it, but a couple of my friends know the owner.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #37
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: NSX

Quote:
Originally posted by SuPeRcAr_MaN
Anyway, the NSX is red and it is an older one, nicer than the new ones in my oppinion.
I think so too...for some reason, the pop-up lights and the front fascia look better on the 1st-gen unmodeled NSX to me.

Old 02-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #38
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Hey SuperCarMan,

The beauty of the NSX is its efficiency. Six cylinders no turbo. Of course I havn't driven Porsches too much but my NSX is an amazingly low maintenance easy to drive car.

I think I paid 88k in '98. hmmm

I also like the fact that the NSX is much less common than the Porsche.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #39
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble
I also like the fact that the NSX is much less common than the Porsche.
I'll see that and raise it. Here in So Cal, I must see a dozen Porsches everyday; triple that if I actually go somewhere.

NSXs are much rarer, and are much cooler for it.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #40
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Plus you cant tell a 60k Porsche from a 160k Porsche?

Here is my Acura
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nsx.jpg (90.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 02-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #41
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Plus you cant tell a 60k Porsche from a 160k Porsche?
LOL, yeah, but they all go the same speed as me while we sit in traffic. :o
Quote:
Here is my Acura
Nice. :sun: Next time I'm in Texas, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:29 PM   #42
Scott 02
Banned

If you look at his acura... would you see it as a $80,000 car or $45,000. My point is they are way too expensive and if i were going to spend that kind of money it would at least be on a new 500HP Viper
Old 02-06-2003, 10:43 PM   #43
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
My point is they are way too expensive
Your point is unsupported other than, "I read this somewere on day and had a discussion about it once."

Market value determines price. If no one wanted to buy an NSX for $88,000, then Honda wouldn't sell any for $88,000. Apparently, they're worth it to someone, just not you. The world has lots of people who are not like you. Surprise!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:51 PM   #44
Scott 02
Banned

No the reason these are being sold for so much is because Acura can. And like I have said once. The body of this automobile makes a huge chunk of the price. Thats fact. If you gan back up your statement alot better I might change my mind. I just don't think its worth it, and half of the people who contributed to this thread feel the same way I do. Jay, would you spend $88,000 for that or would you rather spend $75,000 for a Viper? I guess thats a tougher decision than I thought it would be. A friends Dodge Stealth R/T makes 320HP and would probably kill the NSX....maybe not, but he bought his 300+ HP car for $14,000. Im not going to get into the Stealth b/c I would be getting off topic. I need to be convinced that this car is worth $88,000-$100,000. Alright, thats enough for now....
Old 02-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #45
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
No the reason these are being sold for so much is because Acura can. And like I have said once. The body of this automobile makes a huge chunk of the price. Thats fact.
Regardless of materials and labor needed to produce a car, if no one is willing to pay $88,000 for it, then none will be sold for $88,000, and none will be sold at all until the price is lower than $88,000. That's economics.

Yet, Honda is able to sell them for $88,000. (Granted, not very quickly. But they don't make them very quickly, either.) Therefore, the car must be worth $88,000 to someone.

I don't believe anyone spending $88,000 on an NSX doesn't realize that there are other cars available for other prices that offer other levels of performance, style, safety, reliability, etc. In fact, I'm sure most NSX buyers are well aware. And then they buy an NSX anyway, so there must be something there. Whether it's something tangible, or something I could explain, or something one person gets out of the car that another doesn't... There's something that makes people choose the NSX over it's competition.

There's a very important difference between the statements "The NSX is not worth $88,000." and "The NSX is not worth $88,000 to me."

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX