Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
1980Gbody
AF Newbie

holley 9510 carb ?'s

i have a old holly carb stock off a old ford the part number is C60F-9510-M
the list is 3530
and the date ity was made was 598 but i dont kno wut that stands for
could anyone help me by telling me wut jkinda car this came off of i narrowed it down to a late 60's or early 70's mustang and i looked it up on ebay and rebuilt carbs like this are goin for 800 so if anyone could help buy letting me kno wuts it off of and the date it was made
1980Gbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: holley 9510 carb ?'s

It's from a 1966 Ford. I am not sure of the rest of the numbers.

Before Ford introduced their fine Autolite 4 bbl carbs, they used many Holley 4bbl carbs.

These carbs usually had detailed changes from the common aftermarket performance carbs that we know from Holley.

These carbs were manufactured for specific V8 engines in specific applications, so there are some differences in vacuum ports, float bowl vents, jetting, power valve specs, etc.

Measure the diameter of the throttle blades. Most Holleys made for Ford had small blade diameters; approx an inch or less. These carbs did not flow too much, usually 400 - 600 cfm, depending on the design.

IMO the aftermarket universal Holley carbs are better for performance. Your Ford carb is really only useful if you are restoring a '66 Ford to original condition.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical