Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #16
KTem
AF Enthusiast

Yes, but Idon't have an airbrush, and can't get hold of gundam markers in here...
However I could order them somewhere on internet but I would need a credit card or paypal or whatever, I don't have both of them.

Only options were brush painting and a spraycan.
Since I know brush painting will leak I tried the can, but it leaked also

KTem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 AM   #17
mickbench
AF Fanatic

I've had the same problem with window masking. I tried with a brush and the tape always leaked.. Yet some on this forum have had great success with brush painting trims..!! I could never get it to work though..

Buy an airbrush, it's a good investment and even though you will have to use can air, just turn the nozzle attachment to the can so you get as little air coming through as possible. If you get a single action airbrush, set it to shoot a light amount of paint, and when you have the trim masked (make sure you burnise the tape edges) lay down a light coat of semi black. This will seal the tape. Then after a few minutes lay another coat down, leave for 5 minutes, then you can hit it with a more wet coat, but NOT too wet.. Aftet this, increase the paint flow, screw the air nozzle down a little more to add more air and lay down a final coat..!! After this, wait 10 minutes peel the tape of, it should be fine.. My attempts when doing this = perfect results all the time..

Good luck..
mickbench is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street