Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Clunkers
AF Newbie

Stumped - Transmission and a rainstorm

Howdy - car details: 2002 SC2 162k miles on it, automatic transmissions. I'm very particular about taking care of this car, as they are harder and harder to come by.

I replaced the valve body with a rebuilt about 7 months ago, as I was having some gear slamming and holding onto gears. No issues for quite some time after that. Recently though, we had 2 good rainstorms in the past 2 weeks. The first rainstorm I drove through, I noticed the transmission acting up; slamming shifts, holding onto gears and just overall acting up. I thought, well maybe it was a fluke, but kept an eye on it.

The second good rainstorm last week, SAME exact thing happened while I was driving through it. It was like a completely different (horrible) transmission.

No dash/idiots lights on. So now I'm thinking electrical gremlin. But I'm not even sure where to begin with this. I do live in a snow region, but I got the car a few years ago from a southern state that doesn't have snow/road salt, so its almost 100% rust/corrosion free.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've had suggested to me possibly the ECU or alternator.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Clunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
1993sl2
AF Newbie

Re: Stumped - Transmission and a rainstorm

The manual transmission fill plug on my 1993 sl2 dried out and didn't seal well. When it rained really hard I got water in the transmission. I had to change the fluid for it to (mostly) get better. Sounds like yours gets better when the rain stops.
1993sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW