Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > ES300/ES330/Windom
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
jalopyjoe
AF Newbie

95 Lexus cracked radiator problem

My friend is having a problem with the radiators lasting more than a year. This is his 2nd one that he replaced. When the factory one cracked and got replaced 2 years ago, that radiator cracked a year later. Then few months ago, the radiator cracked again.

Now I know radiators don't last forever, but 1year seems strange. And it's always a plastic radiator that is sold for it. Are there any metal ones available out there? Are there anyone out there with the same problem that resolved this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks
jalopyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
ctwright
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 Lexus cracked radiator problem

That many radiators it sounds like the radiators aren't your problem, too much pressure is building up in them, you need to make sure you are using the proper radiator cap for the radiator you are using, with the proper pressure rating, that way when pressure builds up too high it will relieve pressure. Have you been using the same cap or have you tried different ones? Have you checked your thermostat? It may need replacing as well. Maybe someone else will come back and reply what pressure rating cap you would need for your particular vehicle.
ctwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #3
jalopyjoe
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Lexus cracked radiator problem

I think it's the factory cap. Maybe that might need replacing, I'll check. I'm not sure if the thermostat was ever changed. I'll find out. But he got it used, so I don't think he would know if the stat was changed.
jalopyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote