Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > 510
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
StormShadow
AF Newbie

WTB: Datsun 510

I am looking for a Datsun 510 (preferably 2 dr) in the Mid-Atlantic area. I have been looking on my own, and have been having intermittent luck, so I figured I would come to you guys (and the Dime Quarterly) to augment my search. If anyone that frequents this board has one, or knows of one in the area, shoot em an email or PM and lets see if we can't make this thing happen. Thanks to everyone for their help, and thanks to the guys on here that are enthusiasts for such a cool, timeless, stylish ride for keeping it around and making it so cool.
StormShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
StormShadow
AF Newbie

Re: WTB: Datsun 510

Still lookin for that 2 door, seems like this section of AF is pretty dead though....
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
dimefury
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShadow
Still lookin for that 2 door, seems like this section of AF is pretty dead though....
yep.....

you are better off looking on dimequarterly, ebay, craigslist, someone over at http://www.club-s12.org/forums/ might be able to help

.......it is really dead here, but i come by every week or so to check if some one needs help with thier 510.
dimefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
StormShadow
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimefury
yep.....

you are better off looking on dimequarterly, ebay, craigslist, someone over at http://www.club-s12.org/forums/ might be able to help

.......it is really dead here, but i come by every week or so to check if some one needs help with thier 510.
Right on, appreciate you stopping by. I check on here about every week as well to see if there is some new activity or just to read up on some old threads. Good to know at least another person is on here in this part of the forum. Thanks again for the info, already searching for cars through DQ and Craigslist (found a nice 240Z on craigs).
Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
RandomGuy
AF Newbie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7433&rd=1&rd=1
look what i found... hahah a little better, not sure if its your cup of tea though
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
dimefury
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7433&rd=1&rd=1
look what i found... hahah a little better, not sure if its your cup of tea though
FYI random guy,

NISSAN > toyota > subaru > mitsubisi > . . . . . . > honda.

and in california the car you posted would be subject to emissions testing before you could street register it, not so with the 68-73 datsun 510.

the 510 looks better, runs harder, makes more power than that ever will, and has a winning racing history and sales numbers that back up my opinions.

you get an F.

(a little of this is sarcasm, most is the way i really feel, and all of it is what you should expect coming into a classic nissan/datsun forum waving a toyota flag.)

[end rant]
Old 12-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
RandomGuy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimefury
FYI random guy,

NISSAN > toyota > subaru > mitsubisi > . . . . . . > honda.

and in california the car you posted would be subject to emissions testing before you could street register it, not so with the 68-73 datsun 510.

the 510 looks better, runs harder, makes more power than that ever will, and has a winning racing history and sales numbers that back up my opinions.

you get an F.

(a little of this is sarcasm, most is the way i really feel, and all of it is what you should expect coming into a classic nissan/datsun forum waving a toyota flag.)

[end rant]
lol you're such a loser

haha every1 and their brother has/wants a 510 now... its the new bandwagon..

TE37s are LIGHTER than 510s and i've seen one with a 2J in it... they are oh so much better of a platform to build practically any type of project. You're an idiot haha...

anyways ur a loser for getting your panties in a wad about your 94whp peice of shit... trying to uphold its pride.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
dimefury
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy
lol you're such a loser

haha every1 and their brother has/wants a 510 now... its the new bandwagon..

TE37s are LIGHTER than 510s and i've seen one with a 2J in it... they are oh so much better of a platform to build practically any type of project. You're an idiot haha...

anyways ur a loser for getting your panties in a wad about your 94whp peice of shit... trying to uphold its pride.
i don't even know why i am bothering to respond to this crap, but here goes.

everyone wants one.......yea, does that tell you anything? did stormshadow post "wtb- piece of toyota"? no.

the 510 is popular for a reason, classic styling (derived from the '64 bluebird 410 designed by pinnin farina), IRS rear drive, light-weight, nissan-made, lots of club/forum support, and i could go on and on.
that is not to say that the toyota doesn't have its strong points, but did you present any, no, you just called me a loser/idiot and used really bad grammar. you presented no valid reasons why you think that the toyota is "better" and no one asked.

TE37s are LIGHTER than 510s and i've seen one with a 2J in it... so what? i have seen v8 510's, v6 510's, twin turbo v6, turbo 4, turbo straight six, rotary, and others.

if you have the skill and a welder, you can swap anything. i doubt that you have either.

94whp peice of shit > 76 whp piece of toyota
to a datsun purist, the comparison is an insult.

the bottom line is this, you came into a datsun forum to a thread titled "wtb datsun 510" to talk a bunch of shit, offer no real info, and try and start an arguement about how some crappy toy is better. do you atleast see where someone might think that you are kinda bieng a jerk and disrespectful?

the equivelent would be me going into the honda civic forums and posting "sentras are better". i would expect a fight, and possible banning.

the only reason i am even responding is because you are a newbie and maybe you didn't realize that you were bieng rude/ignorant. maybe you are a half-way decent fellow and i just jumped the gun.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
hoseman
AF Newbie

Smile Re: WTB: Datsun 510

I'm selling one. Not in the Mid-Atlantic area though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200064760431
hoseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:46 AM   #10
StormShadow
AF Newbie

Thanks for the link, I had kind of fallen out of the market for a 510 because of a restoration project for a client. Done with the work, so now I am back in the market, if anyone still checks to boards here. Anyone have or know of an East Coast USA 2 dr 510?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #11
jag7720
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShadow
I am looking for a Datsun 510 (preferably 2 dr) in the Mid-Atlantic area. I have been looking on my own, and have been having intermittent luck, so I figured I would come to you guys (and the Dime Quarterly) to augment my search. If anyone that frequents this board has one, or knows of one in the area, shoot em an email or PM and lets see if we can't make this thing happen. Thanks to everyone for their help, and thanks to the guys on here that are enthusiasts for such a cool, timeless, stylish ride for keeping it around and making it so cool.

I have a 1972 Datsun 510 for sale

You can see the details at this links

http://www.the-greenes.net/510.htm

Thanks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > 510