Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
bodetteplant
AF Newbie

Door locks magically locking on own

Hello,
I own a 1995 Villager minivan, and have suffered a mystery locking problem since I bought the vehicle over 3 year's ago. The driver's door locks on its own most of the time after you unlock it, and sometimes all three door locks' solenoids buss when you are in the van, and you can hear the locks lock. You have to make sure you take out the keys from the ignition 'cause if you step outside the van and close the door, the doors self lock most of the time .

In addition, the key pad has never worked. In fact, when I punch in the correct code, the driver's door doesn't unlock like it's apparently supposed to--or is this not the case?
Anyway, before the wife 'locks' me outa the house for having to ask her to use her set of keys to get into the 'LOCKED' van, one more time, does anyone have an inkling of an idea where this mystery is originating. I haven't as yet attempted to take off the driver's side interior panel 'til i get some advise as to where the problem might lie.
I can only suspect the solenoid inside the driver's door itself--but does this one control the other doors' solenoids?
Could there even be a magical control box hidden away somewhere which may be the culprit--one that controls the door solenoids as well as the door buzzers/ delayed interior lights?
Anyone have any ideas on this problem as well as outside key pad not working--or could this be all related.
Any help with this 'locking matter' would be much appreciated.

Thanks,, Bob. P
bodetteplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
IH8SPM
AF Regular

Re: Door locks magically locking on own

I have seen this and it seems like the keyless entry system has a bad solder like the ac controls do. You may want to check that out and also check the lock contacts on the switch or just replace it.
IH8SPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromer View Post
I haven't as yet endeavored to take off the driver's side inside board til i get some encourage as to where the situation may falsehood.

I can just suspect the solenoid within the driver's entryway itself but does this one control the different entryways' solenoids.
Check this link info out, it may be helpful to you.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8IOzUCe...Fix%20Info.pdf
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
gbissi
AF Newbie

I have posted the TSB at the Villager Quest website on self locking doors. The TSB fixes about 40% of the issues. There is a wire you can cut that will stop it but you lose some functions. Go th the Villager site and there is the most complete Villager informaton there.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/villagerquest/

For the keypad issue - the 5 digit permanent code only allows you to enter your own 5 digit code that will actaully unlock the doors. The permanent code will not. Folllow the intrcutions in the owner manual to set your personal code.
Or, let me know you need help

Gerry from Ford
Villager-Quest expert since 1989 (4 years before Job#1)
gbissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
pylet
AF Newbie

For what it is worth, you might want to try this.

I have a '95 Mercury Villager and have been plagued with the mystical door locks for quite some time.

I checked the door latch and found the 3 screws holding the latching mechanism loose. I re-tightened the screws and hosed the latching mechanism and key lock with contact cleaner and for the past few days I haven't had the problem reoccur.

I may just have been lucky --- but time will tell.....

Pylet

1995 Mercury Villager w/ 441000 Km. (274000 Miles)
pylet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager