Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #46
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: 300zx swap to 450zxtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
have any of you guys done an Engloid intake manifold swap on your z31?
what the hell are you talking about now???

no im just joking, but i serisouly dont know what your talking about...care to explain???
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:40 AM   #47
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32
Re: 300zx swap to 450zxtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
I can get you the VH45DE engine, transmission, wiring harness and ECU from Speedline for $1,400. Depending on how much work you can or want to do well be how much the total bill will come to. I well say this, you wont have a monster, you'll have a beast that well smoke 99.9% of anything with wheels. I suggest if you plan doing this you buy stock in a tire company, and if many of you do, I'll buy some stock myself.

hmm you think if i get that from you and offer someone 300 to put it in that could happen? hahha im sure 300 should be enough ::completely sarcastic::

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
StealthZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #48
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT
Re: Re: Re: 300zx swap to 450zxtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
what the hell are you talking about now???

no im just joking, but i serisouly dont know what your talking about...care to explain???

its supposed to be the next step up for an upgrade from the pathfinder intake manifold.. i dont know much about it tahst why i was asking

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #49
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: Re: 300zx swap to 450zxtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
its supposed to be the next step up for an upgrade from the pathfinder intake manifold.. i dont know much about it tahst why i was asking
oh i was just joking with ya...but i have never heard anything about these intake manifold upgrades for the Z31.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #50
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ32
hmm you think if i get that from you and offer someone 300 to put it in that could happen? hahha im sure 300 should be enough ::completely sarcastic::
Depends on how bad that someone wanted $300 and how good a friend he was. Then again it depends on how bad you want one.
You guys start think this kinda shit you might end up with a monster in your driveway.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:15 AM   #51
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32

i can handle a monster, i dont know if i can handle the cost haha

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
StealthZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:13 AM   #52
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ32
i can handle a monster, i dont know if i can handle the cost haha
Then I guess I won't have to get any stock in a tire company.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:21 AM   #53
E Honda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to E Honda
Re: Re: Re: 300zx swap to 450zxtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
Then I guess I won't have to get any stock in a tire company.
Yo Gringo.....

Had to drop back in and see what you guys have been up to. Although I no longer have a Z I still found some good people in here, (even Betty) She could take a joke as well as TRY to make one herself.
I have been back at work on my honda and have not been in here in a while. But my question to you is.......I came across this post and read your comment about smoking most anything on wheels.....I like that idea.
What would be the tab if YOU were to install a motor like this 45 in a Z. This would be with you providing the motor and labor......How long and how much money. I am sure I could do it myself but I can also afford not to if you know what I mean. I am a sensible man and know what time is worth to a self employed man. Been thinking about getting rid of my vette and venturing to something else. I want it to look stock...No sawzall hack job if you know what I mean. Whats it worth?. Not looking to be your retirement fund,......HAHAHA........

Hope you all have a great spring........Id the Pope really dead.....I think I saw him with Elvis at the Piggly Wiggly.
Don't forget to change your clocks.

E.Honda
Old 04-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #54
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

E Honda, Depends on if you want a beast or a monster. Let's just talk basics for openers, minus the cost of the car.
Depending on the transmission you use, I'd recommend the standard TT automatic which the VH45DE use's, the engine, transmission, wiring harness and ECU is $1,495.
Installed including motor mounts, modified oil pan and 2 1/2" exhaust about $2,000+-. So were talking about $3,500 for a car with about 400+HP. Now if you want the beast, a street legal sub 9's car the price goes up, but alot cheaper then a VG30DETT. I'd suggest the VK45DE heads for openers. Much better breathing and Titanium valves. Worth the bucks and a big bang. That alone will take you to 450+HP. Next step would be the Whipple supercharger. This with a Snow water/alky injection and 15# boost well put you in the 850+HP range and still street legal. And depending on the tires, one bad mother and into the world of sub 9's and over 200MPH.
From this point on it's all a matter of choice and how fast you want to go, but at this point nothing except serious race cars well even be able to play with you.
I might mention at this point Carrol Shelby choose to use the Whipple on the new Shelby GT500 Mustang.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #55
salem1oliver
AF Regular

Albert, will the vh45de mount up to my current twin turbo manual transmission or am I going to have to chage that?
salem1oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #56
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem1oliver
Albert, will the vh45de mount up to my current twin turbo manual transmission or am I going to have to chage that?
There's a adaptor that's built for that swap. No biggie, in fact you can use your clutch and pressure plate. How's that for a simple swap?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #57
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

sounds cool gringo
i like the sound of 850+ HP

Past Z Car Crew

-josh
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #58
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

you don't need to touch the internals at 15 lbs? that snow water/alky must work pretty well!
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #59
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
you don't need to touch the internals at 15 lbs? that snow water/alky must work pretty well!
Nope, but go higher then you need to do some internal shit. I'd only consider that if you wanted to go after the real REAL fast stuff.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #60
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

i wonder... how much heavier is the vh45de than the L28... would it fit better into a 280z or are the engine bay sizes different between the 240-280? there's a 240z in the paper for 1500 bucks... it's a 70 and comes with a 72 parts car... would be a fun little project!
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)