Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 11:17 AM   #211
75stroppe
AF Newbie

doh It did not come out right I meant to say that ford improving Even though it is run by a bunch of chickensh** old farts
Old 12-19-2002, 11:29 AM   #212
75stroppe
AF Newbie

doh It did not come out right I meant to say that ford improving Even though it is run by a bunch of chickensh** old farts
Old 12-19-2002, 06:42 PM   #213
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
most interestingly stupid argument ever... i really think we need to divide import apart though into japanese and european. kuz they are really different. there are cars from all markets i would choose but on the whole id say that german interiors are the nicest jbl.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-21-2002, 01:31 PM   #214
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Quote:
I think what hybridsol is trying to point out to you is that most muscle cars are more expensive to begin with. like alot more expensive. In his case it is more "cost efficent" to buy a honda which is thousands of dollars less and modify it. Also wakkaWu hybridsol has DOHC over 300 hp delsol and his CRX beat a hemi cuda.

Yes I know he's trying to say that but if your willing to race a stock car that cost thousands more and that is faster with your car then go ahead.But what Im saying it is not a fair race to put 10 grand into the Honda a leave the muscle car the same.Stock Honda and stock Vette is fair.Honda with 10 G put into it and Vette with 10 G put into it,fair race.Stock Vette and Honda with 10 G put onto it,not a fair race.
HIs DelSol has got to be modified some then because before I posted my last post I looked up how much HP they had and I had seen 127HP.His CRX is not stock because is impossible to beat a Hemi Cuda with a stock CRX.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:53 PM   #215
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu

Yes I know he's trying to say that but if your willing to race a stock car that cost thousands more and that is faster with your car then go ahead.But what Im saying it is not a fair race to put 10 grand into the Honda a leave the muscle car the same.Stock Honda and stock Vette is fair.Honda with 10 G put into it and Vette with 10 G put into it,fair race.Stock Vette and Honda with 10 G put onto it,not a fair race.
HIs DelSol has got to be modified some then because before I posted my last post I looked up how much HP they had and I had seen 127HP.His CRX is not stock because is impossible to beat a Hemi Cuda with a stock CRX.

Well Gee Golly... Im glad you just now realised that his car's are not stock.

And to be fair, the Hemi Hybridsol beat was not stock either. It was a Cuda with extensive modifications for Drag racing. Roll cage, Slicks... motor that made 6 bajillion horsepower. So, it according to you... it was a Fair race.

Hybrid won, fair and square. Ask HemiGeorge the own of the worlds cleanest Cuda. He'll admit he didnt win, he's cool as hell.

Gah... Lunch time. Im done babbling for now.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 12-22-2002, 02:25 AM   #216
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383

Well Gee Golly... Im glad you just now realised that his car's are not stock.

And to be fair, the Hemi Hybridsol beat was not stock either. It was a Cuda with extensive modifications for Drag racing. Roll cage, Slicks... motor that made 6 bajillion horsepower. So, it according to you... it was a Fair race.

Hybrid won, fair and square. Ask HemiGeorge the own of the worlds cleanest Cuda. He'll admit he didnt win, he's cool as hell.

Gah... Lunch time. Im done babbling for now.

damn i hate being up on renecks jock like this but mayn he OWNED J00. all with the facts and no hearsay... hahah jp man you should check out the story about that race though its a kool read.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-22-2002, 02:46 AM   #217
-The Stig-
On Fire!

I'd like to add...

Quote:

I'd like state in defense for the [H] owners, stock vs stock still isnt fair. Allow me to explain.

A Stock
98 Z28 Camaro = 13.7
99 Civic Si = 15.7

To me thats still not fair, obviously the Z28 has the advantage. You'd need to dump some Green into the Civic to match the Z28s capabilities. Then it would be an even match. Given equal performing cars.. it would be up to the drivers who won.

Now, of course if the Z28 was given the same budget the Civic was for performance upgrades. Then by all means the Z28 would just kick the Civic upside the ear and insult it by telling 'yo momma' jokes. (Hypothetically speaking of course)

So as you may or may not see... stock vs stock usually isnt a fair comparison between two cars that aren't in the same class.

Hope I didnt offend any Honda owners.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 12-22-2002, 02:58 AM   #218
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:

there are 3 fair comparisons. same car, same class, or same price that is it. stock shevy vs stock civic is soo not a fair race. 30k vette vs 30k civic thats fair although i would guess the vette would still win but man you have really gotta think your posts though first or at least make some edits soon.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-22-2002, 03:15 AM   #219
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
Here is the thing, a new civic and a new (stripper) Z28 aren't that far from eachother price-wise as some people would have you think. The corvette has an LS1 and costs like 30-40k. Then there is the f-body, which has an LS1 and can be found for nearly $20-21k new for a stripper Z28 (no leather, etc). I got my firebird with all the options, used, for around $15,000 (was in really good shape too).

Anyways, once you mod a car all bets are off. Will a mod'd civic beat a stock Z06? Well, yes if he has done enough of the right mods. Once you mod a car, you can't compare the stock vs. stock anymore. You can only really compare specific cases, like exact cars with exact mods and drivers.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:56 AM   #220
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by -cy-
Here is the thing, a new civic and a new (stripper) Z28 aren't that far from eachother price-wise as some people would have you think. The corvette has an LS1 and costs like 30-40k. Then there is the f-body, which has an LS1 and can be found for nearly $20-21k new for a stripper Z28 (no leather, etc). I got my firebird with all the options, used, for around $15,000 (was in really good shape too).
I'm still failing to see your point? Are you aware that a 2003 base model, or (stripped) as you referred to it as Civic Coupe is 11 grand? My friends and I built with 4 grand, a CRX capable of outstanding quarter mile times. Just imagine what people could do, with that kind of money left over by purchasing a civic (with knowledge of the 7th gen of course). All I was saying, is that I am able to make a honda faster than a muscle car with limited funds.
PS- the 2003 corvette runs from 44-51 grand.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:11 AM   #221
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

HIs DelSol has got to be modified some then because before I posted my last post I looked up how much HP they had and I had seen 127HP.
they make many del sol models = (b16a3 is 158 hp) (straight b16a from japan is 168 hp) then there's the base models. but my sol has a motor swap.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #222
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Quote:
Originally posted by hybridsol

they make many del sol models = (b16a3 is 158 hp) (straight b16a from japan is 168 hp) then there's the base models. but my sol has a motor swap.
i wonder if anyone ever looks at you signature...? i mean it kinda hints performance...ack people

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-22-2002, 06:26 PM   #223
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by GTi-VR6_A3

i wonder if anyone ever looks at you signature...? i mean it kinda hints performance...ack people

-GTi-VR6_A3
I think your one of the few ppl that did. lol
Old 12-22-2002, 08:55 PM   #224
-The Stig-
On Fire!

All I see is custom Turbo Piping.. and Intercooler... thats perfectly stock.

Straight from the factory right?

Old 12-22-2002, 09:05 PM   #225
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
11K for a civic...never heard of that. I have a friend who bought a brand new civic, but got a good deal on it...wasn't 11K.