Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
anilsiv
AF Newbie

Overheating and hissing noise!

Hi All!

Info: Y Reg (2001) Fiesta MK5, 1.25 Zetec

So on my drive home today (15 mi. or so) I noticed that the car felt particularly warm inside even though the radiator fans were off and the dial on cold.

I then noticed that even though I had been driving for ten minutes or so the temperature gauge was barely over the cold mark The car continued to get hotter, even though the engine temp was supposedly cold.

Once the engine had cooled off I checked the coolant tank, which was an inch or two below the Minimum marks, so I topped it up with water and took it for a 5 minute round the block drive.

When I opened the bonnet afterwards there was a hissing sound coming from near the coolant tank and everything around there felt warm.

I have no idea what to check or how, and given the age of the car, any expensive fix would probably write her off

Any ideas? Is this an expensive issue? What should I expect from a mechanic?

And most importantly if I am checking and topping up the water is it safe to drive?!

Cheers,

Anil
anilsiv is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
coolant , fiesta , hissing , overheating
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta