Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
hevi99
Banned

96 Blower Motor not blowing

My dad's blower motor just stopped working overnight. I tried everything I can think of but still no go. I'd appreciate some help. I'll list everything I've tried.

First I checked all fuses and relays, they all looked good but we just replaced them anyways. I tested around with the multi-meter. No power is getting to the blower. I unplugged it put the meter on the plug cycled the fan switch it gets no reading at all. Under the hood there is a 65A fuse for the front blower that's getting 12 volts. Under the dash are 2 20a fuses for the front blower and they aren't getting anything either. So i'm guessing the problem is between the under the hood fuse box and the one inside under the dash maybe? I also replaced the blower motor resistor just to be safe, still nothing. The only thing I haven't tried was the fan switch to see if it's getting any power. I lost daylight so I might give that a shot tomorrow.

Thanks, any ideas to try would be appreciated.
hevi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: 96 Blower Motor not blowing

sometimes ford uses fusible links in the smaller wires coming off the batteries. also make sure your meter or test light has a good ground when checking for power, sometimes you can get a bad reading with not having a good ground
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
hevi99
Banned

grrrr I hope not. We had fuseable links issues before on our motorhome, that was a PITA to diagnose. I'll recheck everything tomorrow when I have more daylight.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
hevi99
Banned

I back checked everything today with a good ground from the blower back to the battery and here's what I came up with. No power at blower, no power at blower resistor. I didn't check switch cause I didn't wanna tear the dash apart. The relay is working and getting power. There are 2 20a fuses for the blower the top fuse light's up the tester the bottom 20a fuse has nothing. Replaced the fuse still nothing to that fuse. The 65a blower motor fuse under the hood is getting power. I've been looking around for a wiring diagram to see if there are fuseable links but I haven't been able to find one. I really don't wanna have to tear the dash part to see if power is going to the switch, but If i have to i have to. any ideas?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
hevi99
Banned

Still have issues. Power is getting to the relay, the relay is brand new and tested, but no power goes beyond the relay to the fuses for the blower. I looked at some diagrams and stuff and I can't seem to find a wire that runs from the relay to the fuses, does this me it's internal in the fuse block?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager