Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
divotfreely
AF Newbie

malibu 3.1 fuel rail reassembly help??

I am attempting to install the fuel rail with new o rings on the injectors. I am having problems and if feels as if I will break something if I attempt to force it any more than I have. I am about to lube the hell out of it with engine oil and try again ( at the moment I can not afford assembly lube or white grease).
any advice from some one that has done this would be greatly appreciated. It seems like the new o rings are larger than the old ones though I am sure I purchased the correct part number.
thanks
divotfreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Re: malibu 3.1 fuel rail reassembly help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotfreely View Post
I am attempting to install the fuel rail with new o rings on the injectors. I am having problems and if feels as if I will break something if I attempt to force it any more than I have. I am about to lube the hell out of it with engine oil and try again ( at the moment I can not afford assembly lube or white grease).
any advice from some one that has done this would be greatly appreciated. It seems like the new o rings are larger than the old ones though I am sure I purchased the correct part number.
thanks
Assuming your o-rings are the correct ones, I usually lube them up like you said and then, with all of them seated into the fuel rail first, lower the fuel rail down and line each injector up with its respective hole and push down on the whole fuel rail while simultaneously moving it in a circular fashion around the bolt holes that hold it down, if that makes any sense. Then, I hold the fuel rail down with one hand and start a bolt with the other. Tighten it up and done. As long as you do the circular motion as you are pushing down, it won't leak. The radius of the circular motion is quite small, 1/4 inch.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote