Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bentley > Continental GT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
W12GT
AF Newbie

New Bentley Owner On Board

Well... here's my first post. Just took delivery of a 2006 Continental GT in Glacier white with Ochre/Saddle. Enjoying the car immensely and looking for others to share thoughts and views. Anyone?
W12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
retired2play
AF Newbie

Angry Re: New Bentley Owner On Board

I have had my 2004 GT for about 4 months now and have been experiencing problems. I am hoping to hear from others concerning problems with the car.

The 1st problem deals with the shifting from 2nd to 1st as the car is slowing. Most of the time there is a "jerk" as if being hit in the rear as the car shifts. The Dealer claims this is "normal".

The 2nd problem deals with the phone. When the ignition is turned off, the phone stays on for 30 minutes and is then automatically turned off. Upon re-entering the car, the phone is off and must be removed from the cradle and manually turned on. The dealer tells me this is "normal"!!

I have had a few other problems such as the trunk lid dumping water into the trunk during rain and the side window not closing properly, however, these have been fixed and now working normally.

Let me hear from anyone concerning these or any other problems.
retired2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
W12GT
AF Newbie

Re: New Bentley Owner On Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired2play
I have had my 2004 GT for about 4 months now and have been experiencing problems. I am hoping to hear from others concerning problems with the car.

The 1st problem deals with the shifting from 2nd to 1st as the car is slowing. Most of the time there is a "jerk" as if being hit in the rear as the car shifts. The Dealer claims this is "normal".

The 2nd problem deals with the phone. When the ignition is turned off, the phone stays on for 30 minutes and is then automatically turned off. Upon re-entering the car, the phone is off and must be removed from the cradle and manually turned on. The dealer tells me this is "normal"!!

I have had a few other problems such as the trunk lid dumping water into the trunk during rain and the side window not closing properly, however, these have been fixed and now working normally.

Let me hear from anyone concerning these or any other problems.
The shifting problem does not sound normal and may be indicative of "first year/new model" issues. My 2006 has no such problem.

Because the car is so electronically advanced, you might find that your shifting issue could be fixed with a software update to the ECU. If you need an expert in this field and are in Southern California, let me know as I've got a great technician I can recommend.

The phone system in the 2006 has been completely revamped and is now an rSAP based blue tooth system, so I can't really speak to the normalcy of the problem you are experiencing. The only difficulty I've had with the new system is that it's a European based technology and very few phones (so far) available here in the USA have the capability of taking advantage of all the options of the system. Here to, I've got a great Bentley phone expert if you live locally. Let me know.
W12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
retired2play
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12GT
The shifting problem does not sound normal and may be indicative of "first year/new model" issues. My 2006 has no such problem.

Because the car is so electronically advanced, you might find that your shifting issue could be fixed with a software update to the ECU. If you need an expert in this field and are in Southern California, let me know as I've got a great technician I can recommend.

The phone system in the 2006 has been completely revamped and is now an rSAP based blue tooth system, so I can't really speak to the normalcy of the problem you are experiencing. The only difficulty I've had with the new system is that it's a European based technology and very few phones (so far) available here in the USA have the capability of taking advantage of all the options of the system. Here to, I've got a great Bentley phone expert if you live locally. Let me know.
Thanks for the input. The car is still under warranty and should be fixed by the local dealer (Silicon Valley Motors) but they don't seem to know how to handle the problems. The dealer did have a Bentley engineer drive the car during a visit to the area and he did not think it was abnormal. The problem is it does not happen every time and is very annoying.

I did purchase the phone from the dealer recommended distributor in L.A. (West Coast Cellular Systems) and they tell me it is a car problem. I may have to take you up on your offer for both the transmission and phone problems.

It is truly a great car however, the annoying problems are difficult to explain to my wife and embarrising when showing off the car.
retired2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
winyourbentley
AF Newbie

Hi There,

Strange problems... I have a 2005/Fall GT and have not experienced problems like you described. I'd also say that first models may have more problems than coming ones, but anyway, a $200k supercar should not have such blues.
Better luck and still - enjoy

Regards,

WinYourBentley.com
winyourbentley is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bentley > Continental GT