Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
sak22
USACMRETVET

2002 S-10 LS Bed Rails

Was wondering if GM made two different cargo bed configurations... Not talking about the length i.e. short box, standard box and long box. In particular the bed rails. Do some have stake pocket holes and some not? Do some have wider rails and some thinner.

I ask because I was fortunate enough to come across a 2002 S-10 LS with only 6500 miles on it (little old grandpa truck that was barely driven and then he passed away). It looks and smells brand new still.

I want to install a nice set of Stainless Steel Bed Rails/Tubes, but the problem I'm having is none of them fit because the bed rail itself is too narrow. The width of the brackets and seals (whether rectangle or oval) are too wide and they overhang both on the inside and outside. It is an awfully narrow bed rail on this truck.

Since there are no stake pockets, I know I will have to do the drilling application and I will get the 6 foot ones in Stainless Steel (I like the PUTCO SSR Lockers).

When I lay the bed rails on the truck, there's just way too much overhang at the mount points and it looks sloppy. I know one alternative (which I really don't want to have to do) is to take them to a good machine shop and have the grinded down to the appropriate width, smoothed out, buffed and polished.

Any suggestions, advice, tips or anything on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS- Dark Cherry Red Metallic
1989 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado- Custom Black Cherry Metallic
"The Black Beauty"
sak22 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10