Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
glockman
AF Newbie

Mazda 6 vs My integra

I had just finished fixing an oil leak off of my oil pressure sender and was heading over to a buddies house to lock his doors for him and was stopped at a red light getting ready to turn onto the main road. I was behind a white Mazda "speed" 6. I didn't think anything of it. Well the light turns green and we start making our turn and the Mazda guns it hard. I then notice he has an AEM plate holder, and I figure maybe dudes down to play. I pull up next to him, and see if he wants to race, and he looks at me like I'm a dumbass for wanting to take on his car. He says "no way man". I look at him and ask "Why?" I figure maybe he's seen my intercooler since he was in front of me and doesn't want to play anymore. he say's "How much you got in it?" kinda talking down to me. I'm thinking damn, this dudes probably got some major cash under the hood or something. I just tell him "enough". He kinda shakes his head for a second and with no warning drops gears and floors her. I'm like ****! I didn't drop gears because I was kinda startled I just put it to the floor. Well that doesn't go so well when your in 4th gear going 40 mph.

Anyhow, my turbo finaly spools up and I get going a little bit, but this time dudes goes right through a yellow light turning to red. I stop at the red light and I'm like "Mother ****er jumped me and didn't even have the decency to let me try again fairly." I'm really pissed off about this for a couple of minutes. The light turns green and I start going back towards my buddys house. I get back on the road that I need to be on and guess what? I get stuck behind the same dude again at a red light. I get happy. This time I'm not gonna let this dude jump me again. Light turns green and he goes normaly and so do I missing my turn. The road that we are on is a two lane that leads out of town. I pull up next to him and tell him he jumped me. I ask if he wants to go again. He said sure, but to wait untill we get out of town more. I'm like ok. We end up stopped at a red light and I ask if he wants to go from a dig . He says he wants to roll farther out of town because of cops. I'm like cool it doesn't matter, plus he's right, sometimes there's a sherrif sitting clocking off the side of the road. We go up about another mile, and I tell him to give the three beeps. I'm we're doing about 40 and I'm in second. The third Honk goes and we both punch it. I'm off and instantly pull about a car and a half up through the rest of second, and shift into third. From there I procced to put about a bus leangth on him, and I let off at the end of third. I stopped at red light and he pulled into a turning lane. I gave him a thumbs up and he did the same.

Seemed like an Ok guy the second time around but he was a deffinatly a dick at first. I'm kinda glad that it was a complete raping instead of a good race. Maybe it will knock him off his high horse. I'm not really sure what he had on his car, but I know now it wasn't as much as I was expecting. I think now probably just an exhaust and an maybe a CAI judging from the AEM stickers. I don't know much about the Mazda 6, so I can't tell you anything for sure.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
Re: Mazda 6 vs My integra

So was it a MazdaSpeed 6? or a Mazda 6? there is a big difference...

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
Old 06-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
AudioGuy93DelSol
NA is Best!

Send a message via AIM to AudioGuy93DelSol

Nice kill either way.

"How many NASCAR passes is that worth? 500?" (Schumacher passing Raikkonen)

Emily is amazing, and she messed with my sig AGAIN!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
AudioGuy93DelSol
NA is Best!

Send a message via AIM to AudioGuy93DelSol

You've been waiting all year to find a thread you could use that smiley in. Admit it.

"How many NASCAR passes is that worth? 500?" (Schumacher passing Raikkonen)

Emily is amazing, and she messed with my sig AGAIN!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuy93DelSol
You've been waiting all year to find a thread you could use that smiley in. Admit it.

i know...i'll admit it....
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
Schister66
AF -Advisor

but you see what i just did..?? I capatalized on an opportunity....now i got to use 2 smilies!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
glockman
AF Newbie

You've seen pics of my car. If you look further down the page, there is another thread started by me. I think it's called integra turbo races.That was the setup I had when I raced that guy. Set up has changed slightly since then. I have a new built b18b with JE 9.0:1 pistons, eagle h beam rods, block guard, PnP ls head with new valves, springs, retainers all that jazz. I'm gonna up the boost to 15-16 psi when I can find someone to tune it for me! It was a speed 6.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
glockman
AF Newbie

Oh yeah, I just went and re-read my post from the prior thread. Since then I changed out to a 3 inch DP back exhaust. Still running a restrictive Dp, but I wanna keep my AC compressor. Anyhow, after I swapped it out, I made 245 whp and 222 wtq. Big gain.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
Schister66
AF -Advisor

245/222 is pretty low for a built engine....turn that shit up already!! I'm making 306/208 on stock....you need to beat that at least
Old 06-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #11
glockman
AF Newbie

Oh, no what I was saying was that when I raced the Mazda that's what I was making. I just got the motor swapped in 2 days ago. It's running like ass because I need a tune. I've got one set up for monday. I'm hoping for about 325 or so, just about were my 550cc injectors will max out at safely.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
glockman
AF Newbie

Just upped the boost and had my car dyno tuned. Made 308 whp and 280 wtq at 15 psi. Tuner said I could have gone more but my boost controller was acting up. I wish I could put on a bigger DP because it's the most restrictive part of my set up. Now it's time for me to start cleaning up the engine bay and make it look nice.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #13
fatkat89
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to fatkat89

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman
Oh yeah, I just went and re-read my post from the prior thread. Since then I changed out to a 3 inch DP back exhaust. Still running a restrictive Dp, but I wanna keep my AC compressor. Anyhow, after I swapped it out, I made 245 whp and 222 wtq. Big gain.
i was wonderin' if you 've made the proper ecu accomodations for your setup
Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #14
glockman
AF Newbie

Yes I have. Everything has been dyno tuned using Hondata for anything new I've done.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
fatkat89
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to fatkat89

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman
Yes I have. Everything has been dyno tuned using Hondata for anything new I've done.
i wonder how you got those poor numbers?.?.?.? well keep racing dude keep us posted on the kills

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!