Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Van
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #46
scarycary
AF Newbie

"Big Daddy"

YEAH! Full size to the max. I bought my van about a month ago. I had a Westy and needed something bigger to tow my trailer and get me and my girlfriend to Burning Man.
SO, I bought a 1986 B350 15 passenger van with a 5.9L motor.
SIZE DOES MATTER. I cal it "Big Daddy". I think it has the 727 tranny, have no idea the gears in the back. I also scrounged a cool safari rack for the top. My next plan is to switch to synthetic fluids. I am going to go with Amsoil. The van is in great shape and I only paid $1,000 for it with 90k on the odometer. Any help or suggestions for performance and after market products will be appreciated.
sCary
scarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #47
cuddles
AF Newbie

Re: Anyone with full size mopar vans out there??????

I have a 1994 dodge ram van that the key will turn but will not energise the starter, the key turns very easy like it has loss amechanical connection someplace. can any one tell me what the problem is and how to repair.
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #48
lobsterman
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Anyone with full size mopar vans out there??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles
I have a 1994 dodge ram van that the key will turn but will not energise the starter, the key turns very easy like it has loss amechanical connection someplace. can any one tell me what the problem is and how to repair.
i had a similar problem, i relpaced the key switch and ignition in the columb. it was't that hard to change,but i think i had to buy a certain torx screwdriver w/ the hole in the tip to do it though, you also need an allen wrench i believe.

i'd try just changing the key switch first, they break easily, made with cast zinc/ tin (weak white metal )

or maybe have someone wiggle the wires / contacts thruout the wiring harness connections and pigtails that are near the battery, while you try to start it, yep i've had that problem also
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #49
BigMikeyC
AF Newbie

Hey all,

I need help with a belt problem on my 95 Dodge Conversion. 360 CI with serpentine belt that keeps splitting. Started off with squeal problem, changed belt tensioner, water pump, 5 - 6 belts, and it seems to be getting worse. I only go 4-5 miles before the belt splits and then start shredding!

Please Help
BigMikeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #50
grabbergreendart
AF Newbie

hey guys, igot a 92 b150 from my wifes uncle. for free even. has 217000 miles on it, but still runs like a champ. it has a 318 auto, tinted windows, blue with grey center paintjob, original ram center caps. only problems are broken r side mirror, slight dent in rear bumber, steering wheel play,and gas gauge doesnt work. but i fill up once a month ( give or take ), so i dont really use my gauge. thinking about tradin it for a 150 truck w/ a sweet sounding 360 auto, xtra-cab, pearl white paint, chrome rims with low pro tires. the stance is intimadating
grabbergreendart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #51
CharlesDVanMan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankendart
I can't beleive that no one has jumped in on this site yet. There are tons of dodge vans out there, where is everybody?
You know, until 1983 Plymouth Voyager was a full size van ,too.
Lets here from you.
Hey all!
I just bought a 1989 B250 conversion van. LOVE IT!
Alread tearing it down to rebuild as MY custome style.
Found a few little problems though.
My fuse box has no markings to tell me what each is for.
Bought the haynes manual, of course, and they don't list what they are either. SO.....anyone out there have a clue?
CharlesDVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #52
92B250conversion
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by razookelly
Stickrad, I had this problem with an '86 B150. I fixed it by replacing the steering coupling in the steering shaft. It's inside of a telescoping cup just under the battery.

The kit included 2 H shaped pieces, a dowel pin, a couple of rubber pieces. I paid about $10.00 for it at an auto parts store. The Dodge dealer wanted $19.95 plus tax for the same kit.

It took about an hour to install, and it was very easy. I couldn't believe the improvement in the steering!
92 b250 conversion with loose steering..... I noticed that there are 2 "roll pins" on the steering shaft. Do I have to remove both? There's also a spring on the shaft.... Is that a problem to put back on? Once I get the "box" out do I just lay the steering wheel and column on the front seat?

thanks,
92B250conversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #53
92B250conversion
AF Newbie

just bought '92 b250 conversion and am having the same problem finding any info like wiring or how to remove the panels....... Mark III which is out of business about 5 years now.... did some research on the internet but nobody seems to have anything......... I'll let you know if I find something and you do the same...... In the meantime.... anybody out there that can help?
92B250conversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #54
CoreyE
AF Newbie

I own a full size Dodge 1991 Ram 150 and it wouldn't beat a volkswagon. It's only a V-6.
CoreyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #55
AdventureEagle
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Anyone with full size mopar vans out there??????

Still driving a 2002 Ram Van 1500, converted by Starcraft. Bought it new, like it fine. Built in July '02, not long before they stopped production. The 8 cyl 5.9 is plenty punchy. Sorry to those with the small engine. Mileage seems ok, haven't calculated it. Problem free except for blower motor resistors and now the PCM. Owned an '82? Dodge van until a few years ago, converted that one myself back when. Still own a ''70 Charger (since '76 - bad shape). Thought the Charger might look better towed behind the Dodge van. Hope Dodge survives, good history. Found this 6-year-old question, thought I'd say "hey". Planning to keep my van several years yet.
AdventureEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #56
vanman2
AF Newbie

Hello:
i have a 1987 Dodge B150 van that i bought from the phone company years ago , i used it for work for about 4 years then parked it and only drove it or cranked it now and then , it has been sitting idle for 2 years now and the body is in great shape except for some roof rust ~~ in short i want to bring her back to life ~~going to drain all fluids ( refill as needed LOL ) put in a new battery and see what happens it probably needs a valve job not sure if i am going to do this or replace the motor ~~ but she is my new project van as i just cant sell or scrap her ~~ wish me luck and i will take some picts and let you all know how it goes
vanman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #57
AdventureEagle
AF Newbie

Interesting, this years-long chat.

I still have my '02 Dodge Ram van. I drive it like a sports car. It's holding up great! 170,000 miles.

Just today I replaced the perfectly good computer (PCM) just so I have a good one tucked under the seat if I ever need it. They don't make any new PCMs for it and the dealers don't stock it. Got mine from DodgeParts.com for a half-thousand bucks and had my dealer install it for the minimum shop fee of $85.

I also bought new radiator and blower fan but haven't put them in yet.

Has been in several little "incidents" but my body shop makes it good as new.

I really like driving it. I've spent many nights camping in it. I call it my "tin tent". It's been down many 4wd roads, never stuck (but close).
AdventureEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #58
allmopar
AF Newbie

Hi I just joined the site.I have a 1995 ram 3500 maxivan 5.9 v8 with the rare sleeper dinette package in it. Has stainless dual exhaust.alloy rims and almost all original paint with 261000 klms.It is two tone blue on top and a grey-white colour on bottom.I have been showing it a the Mopar shows for about 4 years because someone has to represent the full size b-body vans. Yes I drive this van 365 days a year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0034.jpg (101.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0038.jpg (98.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0039.jpg (99.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0041.jpg (100.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0047.jpg (91.0 KB, 1 views)
allmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #59
OlManJeb
AF Newbie

I just purchased a 2003 Dodge B1500 full size conversion van. It only has 63000 miles on it but suspect it has set for some time. I've already spent $1000 on right front wheel bearing, rotor, calipers & pads and am looking for some where to buy parts. My mechanic says he can't align the front end because the springs are weak. Where can I get OEM springs? Since I am a complete "noob" any ideas will help immensely.
Thanks for your input.
OlManJeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #60
OlManJeb
AF Newbie

Reckon I showed up on the wrong board. Sorry for the interruption. Anyone want to point me in the right direction? Thanks.
OlManJeb is offline   Reply With Quote