Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
1990vngts
AF Newbie

1990 gts vn?

Hey I brought a 1990 holden commodore gts and i was told it was a vn but now im not sure if it is or not.......could someone tell me if it would be or not??? also if anyone else has one i would love to see it
cheers!!
1990vngts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
aero19
AF Newbie

Hi, this is just in my opinion, but i don't think you have an original 1990 VN GTS. because the first GTS to be produced was the VP. one model after yours. i have official HSV books with infomation on all hsv up to VT and there is no VN GTS in it.
However, its not to say that perhaps someone made a 90 model replica of a gts or that it is HSV enhanced.
and in that case that may be what u have.
you could always contact hsv with your car numbers and they can provide all the info you need.

Anyways just thought id give my opinion as ive never heard of a vn gts.
To my knowledge they started at vp.
i once owned an original VN clubsport and there were many people who argued with me that they didnt exist , yet of course they did.

does yours a build number?

anyways, good luck.
aero19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Radar4077
AF Newbie

Re: 1990 gts vn?

Hi there. I just read your querry and I can tell you that there is a VN GTS. I have one as well.

The other person who stated that the VP is the first GTS is kinda true. It is true to the point that it is the first VP HSV GTS. The VN GTS is not an HSV.

The VN GTS Commodore is a 3.8 litre V6 that mainly came out as a 5 speed manual (there are automatic versions available, though not as collectable). but the difference with the GTS compared to the rest of the V6 VN line up is that the GTS has full SS running gear and trimming. It should also have the Commodore GTS badging on the dash board on the passenger side.

From my understanding there were only 1500 produced, with only 500 making it to New Zealand. This makes it a very collectable vehicle.....considering that there is not alot of VNs left in good condition on the roads.

And to answer your querry about your car being a VN: The VN model commodore replaced the VL in September 1989 and was manufactured until March 1992 with the release of the VP (and this also includes the VP HSV GTS)

I hope that this has provided you with some knowledge. I was very suprised when i picked up my GTS. I am now looking at pulling mine off the road and giving it a rebuild

Good luck with yours mate
Radar4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
spudz1
AF Newbie

Re: 1990 gts vn?

I have just sold my VN GTS Auto and brought a VR Calais. A good reliable car but the suspension was hard comapred to my Calais. Plenty of good torque but dangerous in the wet. Put 50,000km on it in one year. Did not realise that there were only 500 in NZ. I should have kept it lol.
spudz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
kellyonthenose
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: 1990 gts vn?

Yes VN GTS's exist. Some differences I know of are gts has factory FE2 slightly lowered suspension, red and grey stripe on white ones, factory headers on some, red pin-line stripe around edges of seats. Also, these v6 engines performed dangerously close to the v8s of that era and i think Holden slowed them after the VP to boost v8 sales.
kellyonthenose is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX