Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #5296
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Re: SERIOUSLY OT: Calling all chicks! IT'S PART 6!!

Week number 4 working from home. Not as glamorous as I thought it would be. Probably bc the chair I'm using is not very comfortable. Having Skype meetings then going back to sleep for 30 minutes is very cool though.
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #5297
Tony
TLD Member #1

Send a message via AIM to Tony

Part of my job has been limited with this pandemic, but I'm still working 40 hours at the warehouse. I took today off because things were kind of slow there, but will pick back up tomorrow.

91 Civic Sedan DX - Stock 287k Miles
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #5298
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
You'd think with enough fuel to be coming out of the exhaust that you wouldn't even be able to start it. Whatever is causing the MAP sensor to throw a code is causing it to dump the fuel.

Did you get the sensor wet?
Yeah, I got a p0107. Once the code tripped, and the care finally went to limp mode, I was able to drive it to work, and pulled the code once I got there. But that's why it was running richer than it should normally.

I'm so used to newer cars now, throwing codes at the slightest mishap, I was getting irritated at not having a trouble code.

The only thing I worry about getting went is the distributor... pretty much everything else will stand up to a little water. But no, I haven't washed my engine bay in years.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #5299
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC View Post
Week number 4 working from home. Not as glamorous as I thought it would be. Probably bc the chair I'm using is not very comfortable. Having Skype meetings then going back to sleep for 30 minutes is very cool though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Part of my job has been limited with this pandemic, but I'm still working 40 hours at the warehouse. I took today off because things were kind of slow there, but will pick back up tomorrow.
I'm still an essential worker, going out into the wild world.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #5300
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I WAS essential, til I got laid off a week ago. With COVID-19 BS and oil prices being low it put our sales numbers way down and I was low man on seniority list so I got laid off for a month (for now)
Old 04-16-2020, 08:35 PM   #5301
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
I WAS essential, til I got laid off a week ago. With COVID-19 BS and oil prices being low it put our sales numbers way down and I was low man on seniority list so I got laid off for a month (for now)
What was it you were doing before this downturn?

Surprisingly, we've been balls to the wall busy this week. But I probably just jinxed it
Old 04-16-2020, 11:12 PM   #5302
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I work(ed) for the supply side of things. We make hydraulic, fuel, air, oil field hoses, etc. We also sell supplies like pipe fittings, ball valves, hammer unions, etc, etc, etc.

I'm the guy that did whatever was needed. I worked up front as a CSR. I worked in back making hoses, helping in shipping/receiving/inventory as needed, pulled parts for orders, getting the account manager's truck loaded every morning for deliveries, taking other deliveries myself. If the boss was out I did billing at the end of the day.

I'm a versatile guy so if things don't turn around and I can't go back then I should be okay getting another job (once places start hiring again)
Old 04-17-2020, 05:06 AM   #5303
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
I work(ed) for the supply side of things. We make hydraulic, fuel, air, oil field hoses, etc. We also sell supplies like pipe fittings, ball valves, hammer unions, etc, etc, etc.

I'm the guy that did whatever was needed. I worked up front as a CSR. I worked in back making hoses, helping in shipping/receiving/inventory as needed, pulled parts for orders, getting the account manager's truck loaded every morning for deliveries, taking other deliveries myself. If the boss was out I did billing at the end of the day.

I'm a versatile guy so if things don't turn around and I can't go back then I should be okay getting another job (once places start hiring again)
Ah, I see. Well I don't see the oil industry getting going until middle to end of next year.
I also trade the stock futures markets, aside from my mechanic day job, and the outlook is not good for a quick recovery. Global oil storage is set to be completely full by June 1st, which means production will be stopped, whether oil companies want to cut production or not, and I'm looking for oil price to get below $10 a barrel (currently at around $19 a barrel). Just recently been starting to look at the oil markets, because of good volatility.

The only bright side I see for oil is China is now rushing to actually build some strategic oil storage. Seems more like another environmental disaster waiting to happen though. And still wont boost prices that much.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #5304
Tony
TLD Member #1

I actually work in a disc golf warehouse. Our custom stamp side has decreased but wholesale has been crazy. A lot of people are picking it up because it's something you can still do outside.

A bunch of idiots are still getting that taken away in places by not practicing social distancing or still playing in large groups.

Last edited by Tony; 04-22-2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Duplicates
Old 04-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #5305
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

I think I'm going to EMP proof my car.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #5306
Tony
TLD Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_CRX View Post
I think I'm going to EMP proof my car.
I don't know about EMP proof, but I had a 600 watt audio battery for a main battery in my sedan. It's been pulled out and waiting on a twin. I've got a battery box I built years ago for a full size battery that I'm outfitting to hold both batteries, fuse, cutoff switch, distribution block, and battery tender jumper.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #5307
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
I don't know about EMP proof, but I had a 600 watt audio battery for a main battery in my sedan. It's been pulled out and waiting on a twin. I've got a battery box I built years ago for a full size battery that I'm outfitting to hold both batteries, fuse, cutoff switch, distribution block, and battery tender jumper.
Old cars like ours, it's just about protecting the ECU from an electrical surge within the circuitry.. so I'm building a grounded bi-metallic box out of aluminum and copper to put it in. Plus probably some grounded copper/aluminum rings around parts of the harness to pick up some of the enduced current back to the battery, kind of like a noise filter.

Shouldn't have to be very heavy gauge stuff though, and car batteries are meant to absorb voltage spikes as much as much as start your car.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #5308
Tony
TLD Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_CRX View Post
Old cars like ours, it's just about protecting the ECU from an electrical surge within the circuitry.. so I'm building a grounded bi-metallic box out of aluminum and copper to put it in. Plus probably some grounded copper/aluminum rings around parts of the harness to pick up some of the enduced current back to the battery, kind of like a noise filter.

Shouldn't have to be very heavy gauge stuff though, and car batteries are meant to absorb voltage spikes as much as much as start your car.
I like it. There are a lot of electrical things that our old cars need. My hatch melted the headlight switch since they didn't run any relays for headlights.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #5309
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

Quote:
I like it. There are a lot of electrical things that our old cars need. My hatch melted the headlight switch since they didn't run any relays for headlights.
Yeah, that happened to my CRX a few years ago. Just 30 years of component age. Also had problem with the A/C thermostatic switch going bad, which is not available anymore, and I couldn't find an aftermarket solution that would fit, so had to wire in a manual switch for the a/c compressor.

These days there are aftermarket separately programmable controllers for all the accessories, from lights to wipers. I've looked at that for my project car, and future project truck.
Someday https://www.holley.com/products/data...ts/500-KT-SWST
Old 04-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #5310
Tony
TLD Member #1

My old hatch had issues with the headlight switch and the "run" position on the ignition. Both ended up being toggle switches because at the time I didn't have the money or time to get the replacement parts.

Because of that, and already finding some issues with bolts and screws, and broken pieces, the sedan interior will end up being removed. I do hope to clean it up better than I ever did the hatch.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee